Frozen shoulder, ugg

Options
Bryn1108
Bryn1108 Member Posts: 97 Member

Hi, newbie here, 

So, I had left kidney removed July 2016 due to RCC,   gallbladder removal Aug 2016. Then Mar 2017 just lifted my left arm, immediate pain, waiting on MRI results,  anyone else with shoulder problems?  

Comments

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hope you hear back soon

on what is causing your shoulder problems...I didn't have any problems with my shoulder after my kidney was removed.

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Ouch, sorry you are having

Ouch, sorry you are having pain. But glad you found us here!

Who ordered the MRI?  Are you seeing an orthopedic or your surgeon/urologist? 

We're here for you all the way. 

Sending you healing vibes. Let us know what you are doing.

Sending a gentle hug, Jan

• Bryn1108
    Options
    Jan4you said:

Ouch, sorry you are having

Ouch, sorry you are having pain. But glad you found us here!

Who ordered the MRI?  Are you seeing an orthopedic or your surgeon/urologist? 

We're here for you all the way. 

Sending you healing vibes. Let us know what you are doing.

Sending a gentle hug, Jan

Shoulder

My orthopedic ordered it. Never had problems before, probably just old age, lol.

Thanks for caring...

• MyraC
    MyraC Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Husband had same problem

My husband had the same problem after his nephrectomy last November, his shoulder pain surpassed any surgery related pain. The pain was so bad we suspected bone mets. His oncologist ordered a shoulder XRay first which came back with no evidence of cancer, when the pain became worse after a couple of weeks he ordered an MRI which showed he had some tears.  He was referred to an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed my husband as having a frozen shoulder. In mid-June he received a steroid shot that relieved all the pain. My husband also regained almost full range of motion. He stretches everyday and goes to physical therapy every week.  Hope you get some relief soon!

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I have shoulder pain lately

I have shoulder pain lately as well, went to my physio therapist and told that it is just some teared muscle, have been working on it for 2 weeks now, at least I can lift it up slowly without pain. I guess after having RCC, any pain will alert us ...

Also, I start having some weird sensation on my outer ear (not inside), it feels like hair is moving there. It comes and go a few times per day or sometimes it doesn't come up at all. Message therapist said nerve can be the cause because of my "iron man" body, my stiff muscles. My GP was laughing at me when I mention the word met and said I am thinking way too much. Have anyone have that problem?

• Bryn1108
    edited July 2017 #7
    Options

So, my orthopedic doctor is treating me for frozen shoulder, he said just takes time to heal. I'm happy with that news. 

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Whew...good to know. However,

Whew...good to know. However, I know its painful. 

Ask if the PT therapist (hope he ordered PT),  can use "dry needle" therapy, along with shoulder PT. Be surprised if your ortho doesn't even know about dry needle. It really helps your healing and relief. 

Let us know how you are doing. 

Sending you a gentle hug,

Jan

• Bryn1108
    Options
    Jan4you said:

Whew...good to know. However,

Whew...good to know. However, I know its painful. 

Ask if the PT therapist (hope he ordered PT),  can use "dry needle" therapy, along with shoulder PT. Be surprised if your ortho doesn't even know about dry needle. It really helps your healing and relief. 

Let us know how you are doing. 

Sending you a gentle hug,

Jan

Thanks bunches 

Thanks bunches 

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options

I have shoulder pain lately

I have shoulder pain lately as well, went to my physio therapist and told that it is just some teared muscle, have been working on it for 2 weeks now, at least I can lift it up slowly without pain. I guess after having RCC, any pain will alert us ...

Also, I start having some weird sensation on my outer ear (not inside), it feels like hair is moving there. It comes and go a few times per day or sometimes it doesn't come up at all. Message therapist said nerve can be the cause because of my "iron man" body, my stiff muscles. My GP was laughing at me when I mention the word met and said I am thinking way too much. Have anyone have that problem?

Which problem?

Thinking too much? You betcha. I can overthink just about anything. 

As for the outer ear thing, I have a tendency toward OME (otitis media with effusion), not an infection, just fluid buildup in the middle ear due to the eustachian tubes getting swollen so they don't drain and repressurize ("pop") the way they should. When I get that in one or both ears, I also get an occasional sensation of the world's tiniest furry caterpillar(s) moving around in my outer ear(s), close to the eardrum. It generally resolves itself in a couple/few months if not sooner. 

• lobbyist0724
    edited July 2017 #11
    Options
    That's good news, hope there

That's good news, hope there is a guideline for use to figure out between muscle pain or pain that we should be worried about :)

• lobbyist0724
    Options
    JerzyGrrl said:

Which problem?

Thinking too much? You betcha. I can overthink just about anything. 

As for the outer ear thing, I have a tendency toward OME (otitis media with effusion), not an infection, just fluid buildup in the middle ear due to the eustachian tubes getting swollen so they don't drain and repressurize ("pop") the way they should. When I get that in one or both ears, I also get an occasional sensation of the world's tiniest furry caterpillar(s) moving around in my outer ear(s), close to the eardrum. It generally resolves itself in a couple/few months if not sooner. 

lol, same here, I can

lol, same here, I can overthink about anything too ;)

That's the best description I have heard! A caterpillar moving just around my outer ear near the entrance, and my physio therapist said it can be the nerves affected by my muscles. Currently trying to find a pattern when it happens.