Glioblastoma Stage IV Brain Cancer

Options
2»

Comments

• Answered_Prayers
    Answered_Prayers Member Posts: 6 *
    Options

I am heartbroken to read about your wives. But I can say with confidence that God does not hate you. He is by definition Love! As a glioblastoma survivor of nearly 7 years, I can say that cancer is not easy, but possible because of faith.

I have asked many individuals many times: How do people without faith get through such a tough time. Do they try to find peace in the bottom of a bottle of alcohol or drugs?!?! The only way is to put your faith and trust in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! He makes all things possible, not easy. Scripture says that it will not be easy. There will be fiery trials.

Remember that anything that comes your way must first pass by God the Father and Jesus Christ our Savior. So, it comes with great purpose and importance. Please don’t give up or miss some of the blessings!!!

God Bless and love to all!!!

• Research101
    Research101 Member Posts: 4 *
    Options

I understand what you are going through. My daughter was diagnosed in 2019 she was 39. She has had 3 recurrences and has done quite well. She has no deficits. They could not remove all of it. To be honest you really can't remove all of it. Just a few cells left behind can cause a recurrence. She had the Temodar and radiation after her first surgery. It made her tired, but she kept on working. She went on daily Temodar. 1st recurrence she did a phase 1 clinical trial. That one hit her hard n/v. They lowered the dose and she was fine. Long story short, progression vs radiation necrosis looks very similar on an MRI. This makes it challenging. So her MRI’s were stable until recently she appears to have slow progression. She will be starting Avastin next week. Here is my recommendation. Do your homework. Start looking at trials. Make sure you have a thorough DNA sequencing. This is key as there are many targeted therapies now that are very specific to the persons Tumor DNA. Go to the NIH website for trials to keep yourself informed. I will pray for your husband. Stay strong and stay positive. It does play a role in doing well. If you have any other questions let me know. I am a nurse which helps. Be brave you can do this!