T2 rectal tumor

Options
2»

Comments

• NHMike
    NHMike Member Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Another runner

I'm stage IIIA starting chemorad next week. I like to run, lift, play tennis and like to do bodyweight/Yoga. I haven't really done much since diagnosis though I ran a mile yesterday and it felt good. I hope to get some activity in during treatment, rest and the after-surgery chemo. I have the feeling that running turns into walking and weights turns into Yoga. But maybe I'll be surprised. I like reading the stories here of how people get through this stuff.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    NHMike said:

Another runner

I'm stage IIIA starting chemorad next week. I like to run, lift, play tennis and like to do bodyweight/Yoga. I haven't really done much since diagnosis though I ran a mile yesterday and it felt good. I hope to get some activity in during treatment, rest and the after-surgery chemo. I have the feeling that running turns into walking and weights turns into Yoga. But maybe I'll be surprised. I like reading the stories here of how people get through this stuff.

Physical activity

I believe the more physical activity you can do, the better.  Are you having surgery, or only chemical/radiation treatment?  I had to wait for about six weeks after surgery during which all I could do was walk.  But since then I have gotten back to my usual level of activity, despite the chemo.  My doctor seems to think that this is one of the most helpful things I can do.  Best of luck.