No Chemo For Me

2»

Comments

• toyfox
    toyfox Member Posts: 158 Member

No chemo

Hello Maryloo!

I just wanted to jump in and thoroughly support your decision, whichever way you decide. However, I'm a HUGE opponent of chemo. Yes, it has helped some people, and for others it's worked for a time, then stopped working; placing them on the chemo-to-chemo rollercoaster until a chemo related illness or the cancer takes them.  

I did chemo-rads in the beginning and I'll never regret that, even though I suffer from permanent disability as a result. If I knew what I know now, I never would've done chemo. My cancer spread just after I finished the adjuvant chemo, and I swore I'd never do it again. I did extensive research and I learned there were much better and easier ways to go about it.

Over the past ten years I've had four-five recurrences that I treated with surgery and/or diet alone. The last metastasis (2015), I treated with diet only, since I wasn't a candidate for surgery.  Five weeks of a raw, organic, plant-based diet, and it went away on its own.

A strictly clean diet CAN kill cancer, and it does a much better job of it than chemo for many, many reasons.

I'm vegan now and continue to be NED. August 2nd is my 10 year cancerversary and I have absolutely no fear of cancer anymore. If it dares to come back, I know how to step up the game and get rid of it. Don't be afraid to go in another direction from the norm. Just do your research. There's tons of good-quality information out there about it.

Good luck!

Krista

Krista no fear

You mentioned having absolutely no fear of cancer anymore. My husband had stage 3

cancer. He did take chemo but had to be reduced several times because it affected his heart.

One doctor told him to make out his bucket list. Because of others on this site years ago that did not take

chemo  and stopped chemo and are still cancer free today we made the same changes they did. My husband has been cancer

free for six years. I know the terrible pain of watching someone with cance but neither of us fear cancer anymore.

So nice to know that you are doing well Krista

• bobby66
    bobby66 Member Posts: 69
    toyfox said:

Krista no fear

You mentioned having absolutely no fear of cancer anymore. My husband had stage 3

cancer. He did take chemo but had to be reduced several times because it affected his heart.

One doctor told him to make out his bucket list. Because of others on this site years ago that did not take

chemo  and stopped chemo and are still cancer free today we made the same changes they did. My husband has been cancer

free for six years. I know the terrible pain of watching someone with cance but neither of us fear cancer anymore.

So nice to know that you are doing well Krista

hi

what changes did you husband make? eating habits?

• toyfox
    toyfox Member Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2017 #24
    bobby66 said:

hi

what changes did you husband make? eating habits?

bobby66

click on toyfox  - about me page

Also check out juicing 101

about 2bhealed and scouty who are still cancer free

• thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    No chemo

hi, I was stage 4, emergency operation, lost half of colon. After successful operation I was downgraded to stage 3.

i refused the chemo and radiation, they said I had 6 months. This was in 2011. I'm here , feeling great, have Dom lingering bowel problems as frequent diarrhea . 

But each person and each case is different.

i eat very bland, just chicken and turkey, cheating one day a week with beef . Juicing vegetables twice daily.

lately I have been eating other different things but about an hour later I pay the price. Cramps and pain and frequent trips to the bathroom. 

I should stick with my regime . Hope this helps