Invasive Tubular Carcenoma

Options
Hayesme
Hayesme Member Posts: 1
edited July 2017 in Breast Cancer #1

Anyone been diagnosed with Invasive Tubular Carcenoma?  Recently found out due to biopsey.  Have fatty tissue beside the mass so getting both out.  Haven't had consult yet.  Wondered if anyone has been diagnosed?  Treatment plan?  Reoccurrence or likely cancer in other breast??

thx!

Melisa

Comments

• Lilduckie76
    Lilduckie76 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I just got dx myself with

I just got dx myself with ductal carcinoma in situ. I'm going with a double masectomy July 27th. Just so I don't have to worry about radiation and also recurring in the other breast although risk is low.  Its after they remove the cancer they send it to pathology to see if you lypmh nodes are affected and then chemo may be necessary or the margins are not cleared of cancer cells. If you choose lumpectomy its always followed by radiation and more than likely chemo. It also depends on what type of breast cancer it is estrogen, progesterone, HER2 +/-.  So much information and decisions to make. Best of luck to you.

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Lil

Hi, I was like Lilduckie, Feb. 2016 was that awful diagnosis day for me.  March 4, I had the double mastectomy (family history, location and size of tumor)  I had no reconstruction.  When they sent the tissue off it was found also in the left that was not found on the prior test.  They bumped up the stage and I was also found to be HER2 POS.   Did 6 round chemo followed by 8 1/2 months of herceptin.  No radiation because I had the double.  It is tough, somedays you go by the min. but it's worth the fight.  No matter where it is, what kind it is or what the stage, you fight fight fight like a girl and you keep on fighting. Keep us posted on here.  These ladies are helpful, compassionate, and full of information.

Hugs,

Annie 

• Elaine_wi
    Elaine_wi Member Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2017 #4
    Options
    every cancer is different

I was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma and invasive lobular carcinoma. Every cancer situation is different because there are many factors involved. My cancer nurse navigator helped me through all the uncertain times. Ask your health care providers questions. Get second opinions if you feel that would benefit you. I downloaded an app for my phone that allowed me to record the conversations I had with my doctors. That way I could listen to them later for clarification. Keep visiting this site for support. It has a lot of good information. You are not alone!