support, therapist or not

Options
bms643
bms643 Member Posts: 1

Hi I am new, wondering to deal with all the stress and emotions, did you find talking to a therapist, group or other help. I do not have cancer but my son was newly diagnosed. Not a good one, pancreatic.  thanks for suggestions

Comments

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited July 2017 #2
    Options
    Therapist -yes

Husband with cancer, daughter who was diagnosed with bi-polar and then revised to a multiple sclerosis diagnosis - heck, yeah, I saw a therapist.

Look until you find the right one for you.

• jorola
    jorola Member Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2017 #3
    Options
    Yep totally agree with Noellesmom

And I am a social worker. Didn't matter though - i totally lost it when my husband was diagnosed. Do what you need to do for you. End of story. But ya make sure they are a good one that is a good fit for you agree with Noellesmom there too! She's very smart btw.

• Elaine_wi
    Elaine_wi Member Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2017 #4
    Options
    Get all the support you can

There are so many people out there that really want to help. I was diagnosed with breast cancer and I continue to get all the support I can. I see a therapist, go to art therapy, church, Bible study, have a mentor, and visit this site. A burden shared is a burden cut in half. Smile

• katarinah
    katarinah Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there, 

Hi there, 

I am so sorry to hear about your son's diagnosis. My husband was diagnosed with a rare type of Pancreatic Cancer (ACC) in 2012, but today he is doing fine and is stable. Maybe his talk on the emotional side of having cancer can be of help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QBH3wDrQY&t=2s

Sending loads of thought and love your way,

Katarina