Sarcoma of the Inner Ear

mjkaugust1952
mjkaugust1952 Member Posts: 1

Hello!

In 2014 I had my first surgery for sarcoma in my inner right ear.  I had two surgeries six months apart to remove, repair and rebuild my ear.  I have no hearing in the ear now but we are hoping to try bi-cross hearing aids in an effort to give me sounds in that ear.

My radiologist indicated that this may be the result of the Radiation Poisoning from the 1950's.  As an infant I had an enlarged thyroid and thymus so the doctors did the radiation treatment.  There were five in my hometown (population of 900) in Indiana (Fulton County) and I am the only survivor.  My current radiologist indicated that the dosage I got as an infant was equal to what the Japanese got when we dropped the A bomb.  Side effects today are similar to what those survivors have.  She also advised me that this will eventually kill me; however, I have a fighting spirit and have not given up yet.

A year ago my lymph nodes began growing under my heart.  They tripled in size in six months so off to a Thoratic Surgery I went! They ruled out cancer and removed the lymph nodes.  Well, my recent CT scan confirmed the lymph nodes are growing again and spots are now on my lungs.

Anyone else having such an event in their lives?