One down - 34 to go

Options
Linda C.
Linda C. Member Posts: 107 Member

One down, 34 to go. I was very surprised when then told me it was over. I was expecting for it to last longer. For what I have read, the treatments last about 15 minutes. I was done in 10. Just when I was beginning to relax it was over. Not sure if all my treatments will last that long but I sure hope they do. Still had trouble with the mask being too tight on my neck where I could not swallow. I had to push my head up to the top of the mask to swallow. I didn't want to move so I just didn't swallow. My mouth was so dry from anxiety I didn't feel like swallowing. My appointment was for 3:30 and I was home for 4:00. My neighbor drove me to and from the clinic. Feeling pretty good right now. I felt a little nausea on the ride home but I think it was because I was hungry. I'm having a protein snack right now. Tonight I will use my Fluoride trays for the first time and use the Aloe cream on my neck. This will be my ritual from now on. Going to take a nap now. Really sleepy from the Xanax.

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    one down

Linda,

Don’t move, 34 more to go.

Did you mention to them about the tightness?  They can often make things better.

I had a whole ritual from the time I drove into the rad parking lot.  I always took 1 Lorazapam to start, I took a hit of magic mouth wash in parking lot, go to the bathroom, drink some water, swish & spit, rub my arms and face, choose music and get at it.

You will make up your own routine and do just fine.

I am glad it went well.

Matt

• Chicklette
    Chicklette Member Posts: 225
    Options
    It will go fast

You will get into a daily routine and the days will fly by.  It's amazing how fast my husband's 7 weeks (7 chemos and 36 rads) went by.  It's not fun, bit you will get through it one day at a time. :)

• Andy13460
    Andy13460 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Treatments

All the treatments should be identical for time and the positions that it stops.

I did a little spreadsheet and marked each one off as it was done along with weight and any other info for that day.