Dizzy and weak, hands tingling

Options
Froggy32
Froggy32 Member Posts: 79

while I was waiting in line at WM pharmacy today. I got really dizzy and my hands started tingling. I had to hold on to the buggy because I thought I was going to fall in the floor. I just had my radiation treatment right before that. Plus I have a picc line with 5FU chemo in it until next Monday. On my second week. 

I sat down at the blood pressure machine and took it. I don't know how accurate they are but mine was 136/88 there. Which is high for me. Usually around  101/60. It scared me. Anyone else have things like this?

Comments

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Froggy32....

I certainly had moments of feeling weak and or dizzy off and on throughout treatment. I would suspect the raise in BP goes hand in hand, and while elevated from your normal, still not what is considered dangerously high given the circumstances. Glad you had a place to sit down for a bit too.

I'm curious still, did you ever question the reason your doctor has ordered the 5FU pump for the second week in a row? I know a few days ago you had wondered about that bc it does not follow the standard plan that is most common.

Hope you're now safely home and resting....remember to stay well hydrated too!

katheryn

• Froggy32
    edited June 2017 #3
    Options
    eihtak said:

Froggy32....

I certainly had moments of feeling weak and or dizzy off and on throughout treatment. I would suspect the raise in BP goes hand in hand, and while elevated from your normal, still not what is considered dangerously high given the circumstances. Glad you had a place to sit down for a bit too.

I'm curious still, did you ever question the reason your doctor has ordered the 5FU pump for the second week in a row? I know a few days ago you had wondered about that bc it does not follow the standard plan that is most common.

Hope you're now safely home and resting....remember to stay well hydrated too!

katheryn

Thanks.

no I haven't seen the chemo dr again since Monday. I will make sure to question it this Monday When I go back in. Other than this little spell today, I am doing fairly good. I have been having a little diarhea but nothing major. The dr gave me a prescription for lotomotril medicine.  The tingling of my hands just felt so strange.  

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Froggy32 said:

Thanks.

no I haven't seen the chemo dr again since Monday. I will make sure to question it this Monday When I go back in. Other than this little spell today, I am doing fairly good. I have been having a little diarhea but nothing major. The dr gave me a prescription for lotomotril medicine.  The tingling of my hands just felt so strange.  

Froggy32...

I'm glad to hear that overall you're doing good...I'll hope the tingling is not something that lasts. My husband has been treated for multiple myeloma (a blood cancer) and after his chemo and bone marrow transplant he experienced much neuropathy in his hands and feet. That was 7 years ago now, and although it has much improved, he still gets a numbness, especially in his feet.

We all react different to cancer treatment, but maybe this is what is going on with you as well. Take each day as it comes and do what you can to get through it, soon this will be another chapter in the past! You'll be in my thoughts for a restful evening.

katheryn

• Froggy32
    edited June 2017 #5
    Options
    eihtak said:

Froggy32...

I'm glad to hear that overall you're doing good...I'll hope the tingling is not something that lasts. My husband has been treated for multiple myeloma (a blood cancer) and after his chemo and bone marrow transplant he experienced much neuropathy in his hands and feet. That was 7 years ago now, and although it has much improved, he still gets a numbness, especially in his feet.

We all react different to cancer treatment, but maybe this is what is going on with you as well. Take each day as it comes and do what you can to get through it, soon this will be another chapter in the past! You'll be in my thoughts for a restful evening.

katheryn

Thanks

I appreciate your help.  I hope you are having a good day and a good weekend.