I have a new weird problem.

Options
Bobby_Lee
Bobby_Lee Member Posts: 25
edited June 2017 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Something new popped up today. I cant make much sense of it and I havent seen others with this symptom post anything. I am currently awaiting pet scan. Bright red blood in stools. How does this connect with with head and neck cancer? Any insight would be helpful.

Comments

• Andy13460
    Andy13460 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Think you need to talk to someone

I  get the feeling they would have given you a number to ring at your treatment centre, this is something you should probably  be doing now. 

• Tonita
    Tonita Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Could it be a side effect

Could it be a side effect from any meds you might be taking?

• Engelsa
    Engelsa Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Possible Hemorrhoid

I do know that hemorrhoids can cause bright red blood in the stool. Usually the presence of bright red blood is a sign of this.

• Mom68
    Mom68 Member Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree with Engelsa

I agree about the hemorrhoid possibility. Bright red blood means it is fresh, so it is toward the end of the colon. Call the doctor. They might recommend a simple OTC medication or an epsom salt bath, but call the doctor. Best Wishes.

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    edited June 2017 #6
    Options
    As Andy said....

you should call your Oncologist and tell them what's going on.  Bright red blood usually isn't very serious....espcially if you've had a go with constipation....broken blood vessels from pushing can easily be the culprit.  

• Bobby_Lee
    Bobby_Lee Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2017 #7
    Options
    Thanks for all replies,

Thanks for all replies, hoping the bleeding is not serious but I also have had polyps removed in the past from colon and have BPH. I have been treating it for a while now, that is what is making me a little nervous. I finally got the ball rolling. I got tired  of waiting around for my family doctor to see me so I directly contacted contacted the Otolaryngology doctor that handled my case last time. In a matter of minutes I got scheduled for blood work, CT scan and endoscope, for some reason my insurance will not pay for PET scan until CT is performed first.  Thinking of changing my family doctor now.