No evidence of desease

janaes
janaes Member Posts: 799 Member

So I went and did a cat scan last Friday.  My radiation doctor ordered it for me.  I have an apointment with him on thursday.  to talk to him about it.  When I was registering for the cat scan I told the nurse  to send the cat scan to my medical oncologist.  Well it must have got to him because I just got a call from the nurse,from his office ( I recognize his voice from when he would call me what my Ca 125 wa during treatment) and he told me there is no evidence of desease.  That is really the first time I have have heard those words.  I heard "I dont see any thing" after a internal exam and a "well it looks like you are doing good" after a phisical exam, But not "No evidence of desease.  It sound good to hear that and hope my radiation doctor says the same.  Im going to be happy for now.

Comments

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Wonderful news Janae! So

Wonderful news Janae! So happy for you.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    edited June 2017 #3
    That's great to hear, Janae!

Glad to hear you're doing so well. I know what a relief that must be.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Best news ever.  Celebrate

Best news ever.  Celebrate and keep dancing with Mr.NED.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Yay Janaes!

You are so lucky- I've never actually heard those words either.  Congrats girl Laughing  (((HUGS)))

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    That is terrific. I hope to

That is terrific. I hope to hear those good words one day when I am through my treatment.

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Great news:)!

Great news:)!

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2017 #8
    You should be happy! You

You should be happy! You worked very hard to get here and deserve to hear those wonderful words. Congratulations and may you remain NED forever! Kim

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Enjoy!

So now go out an live your life without thinking about anything but what you are doing. Don't give your cancer anymore of your time than what it's already taken from you until you have to go for the next test or check up!

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Thanks every one for your

Thanks every one for your kind words.  I remember reading others saying this especially during treatment and wanted so much for that to be me.  I does happen evenually.  Jairoldi and other going through treatment I would say dont give up hope.  Keep fighting. You will make it.  MA Bound I love what you said.  Sometimes I hate that I have to do this follow up care.  Im working full time this summer and had to take time off to do this cat scan and doctors appointment.  I didnt want to have to do that.  It was a new job and didnt want to even have to tell them I had an appointment.  I did do it of course. I wanted  to know in my heart. But Im so glad I dont have to take any more time off for that.  I want to just go forward and not think about it too much.  Af ew things remind me of cancer from day to day, but it is a relief I have no cancer and can go on for three months with out worry.

• DrienneB
    DrienneB Member Posts: 182
    YAY for you Janae!!

Enjoy your summer and forget about it!!

-j

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    janaes said:

Thanks every one for your kind words.  I remember reading others saying this especially during treatment and wanted so much for that to be me.  I does happen evenually.  Jairoldi and other going through treatment I would say dont give up hope.  Keep fighting. You will make it.  MA Bound I love what you said.  Sometimes I hate that I have to do this follow up care.  Im working full time this summer and had to take time off to do this cat scan and doctors appointment.  I didnt want to have to do that.  It was a new job and didnt want to even have to tell them I had an appointment.  I did do it of course. I wanted  to know in my heart. But Im so glad I dont have to take any more time off for that.  I want to just go forward and not think about it too much.  Af ew things remind me of cancer from day to day, but it is a relief I have no cancer and can go on for three months with out worry.

Thanks

Yay, and thanks for the encouragement. 

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Congrats, Janae

great feeling, huh. Hope you are enjoying your new job. 

• daylady
    daylady Member Posts: 122
    What a great start to summer!

So happy for you... enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

• Cass83
    Cass83 Member Posts: 151 Member
    janaes said:

Happy for you

So glad you got such good news! May you continue on the road of good health :)