Small cell lung cancer remission stories

2»

Comments

• Michelle03
    Michelle03 Member Posts: 1
    SCLC

My mom was diagnosed in September 2017. We started treatment quickly and she breezed through 6 cycles of Carboplatin and etopiside. Other than being fatigued for about a week after each chemo sessions she has done very well. She had a mass in her right lung, central lymph node between her lungs and some spots found on her bones. The latest scan after her completed chemotherapy showed no sign of it in her lymph nodes or her bones but still something in her lung, The Dr said it could be scar tissue. She has started Immunotherapy,opdivo, and will do her second treatment tomorrow. She is 71 and other than a small dose of blood pressure medicine she is very healthy and I forget she is sick. From what the Dr tells us and anything I have read her prognosis is not good. Does anyone have any experience with SCLC remission? 

• TraciRichie
    TraciRichie Member Posts: 1
    Just diagnosed with Stage 4 lung met to brain
    Hello, Im a healthy 51 yr old mother who was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer with 9 brain lesions and 2 lesions on the back of my eye. Only because my vision was impaired last month that thank God I was able to know the rest of this was happening in my body!
    Does anyone have any experience with:
    1- the choice of Whole brain vs Gamma knife on the brain (I understand the lesions will return if I opt for the Gamma which could be risky)? AND side effects suffered as a result of either? I need to choose a treatment and with 2 young children at home, Im afraid of the cognitive damage......
    2- I am ATM positive and heard Cyperknife for lung may be better since Im radio sensitive, than treating with chemo and immunotherapy?
    Unfortunately I was negative for everything else to help my in my therapy :(
    God bless everyone on this site, and thank you for any help you can provide. Im staying strong but know the journey is ahead!
  • Weefly027
    Weefly027 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2018 #24

SCLC

My mom was diagnosed in September 2017. We started treatment quickly and she breezed through 6 cycles of Carboplatin and etopiside. Other than being fatigued for about a week after each chemo sessions she has done very well. She had a mass in her right lung, central lymph node between her lungs and some spots found on her bones. The latest scan after her completed chemotherapy showed no sign of it in her lymph nodes or her bones but still something in her lung, The Dr said it could be scar tissue. She has started Immunotherapy,opdivo, and will do her second treatment tomorrow. She is 71 and other than a small dose of blood pressure medicine she is very healthy and I forget she is sick. From what the Dr tells us and anything I have read her prognosis is not good. Does anyone have any experience with SCLC remission? 

Michelle, hows your mom doing

Michelle, hows your mom doing?  My dad just was diagnosed, and is receiving same chemo treatment.  I'm just devastated.