Question about implant

Maggie359
Maggie359 Member Posts: 5

Hi everyone.  Last June I was diagnosed with HER2 stage 2A tumor.  Started chemo right away and tumor is gone and now time for the surgery.  I have chosen to go with mastectomy with reconstruction.  Can anyone tell me how often (trips) the temporary will take to be filled and how long it takes until it is filled?  It's quite a drive to the surgeon and wanting to prepare.  I'm about a 36 C cup.  Thanks.

Comments

• Beepositive
    Beepositive Member Posts: 259 Member
    edited June 2017 #2
    HELLO Maggie359

I just had left breast mastectomy and started breast expander during my surgery in March 2017 this year. The expander is uncomfortable especially when the meds wear off from the surgery ! I started my fill about a week and half after my mastectomy ..saw the plastic sergeon once week to get fills (the fills are painful also with the muscle spams that occur right after the injection..but it gets better after the next day..I started taking Avil before I went to the appointments and that helped with the muscle spams. i only had total of 3 fills (one every week 36B cup) he wanted to make sure finish fills before my radiation. due to the peeling and taning of body during radiation the area has to heal for about 6 months before the perm implants can be considered according to my dr. he is right because I had my last radiation about 4 weeks ago and the area gets worst before it gets better.  but thru it all this is a decision I have made to get the implant and looking forward to the final implant .....  ask lots of questions to your doctors and find out all your options..... and always..BEEPOSITIVE  Smile  PRAYS AND HUGS TO YOU