Breast cancer from implants

Options
mschaben
mschaben Member Posts: 87

HI everyone... I hope you are all doing well... I haven't been on for quite awhile.  But I do pray daily for all of you... I have a question if anyone can relate... I have to have both of my implants removed that I had placed a year ago after my breast reconstruction from my mastectomy... I have constant pain and some swelling on the right side so my PS wants to place the implant over the muscle to hopefully help with constant pain and give me better range of motion.  I also have had issues with my left implant as its pulling inward and having some changes to it.. so they did a breast MRI and it shows a seroma and shows the implant is folded which can eventually cause it to rupture but supposedly neither one has ruptured.  I also was told that the implants I have are associated with the rare lymphoma causes by breast implants... so anyway I will be having them removed in July and they are replacing them with smooth implants instead of textured.  I also have had alot of thyroid issues as well as being diagnosed with autoimmuned thyroid disease and nodules one which is growing.. But anyway i know i shouldn't google stuff but i had found a site that says that breast implants can also be linked to immune issues and such... i won't know if I have the ALCL until my doctor removes the implants and sends the fluid off.  I am not sure if the implants being related to thyroid issues and swallowing issues is true or if it is just a fluke thing for me.. Has anyone had these issues or know of this... thank you for your time.... God Bless everyone 

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Implants

Just had mine removed a year ago but they were in for over 20 years just for vain purposes back then.  That caused some injury to the breast and showed up at a mammogram this year which sent the radiology department to send me a letter that it needed to be biopsied because something didn't look right.  Long story short (my story is somewhere on this board). I'm not doing implants again.  It's been a royal pain.  Wishing you the best outcome.  The boards here are always in my prayers daily so Bless you too.

Kim

• Elaine_wi
    Elaine_wi Member Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Options

Have you looked into other reconstruction options? I have chosen to have DIEP flap. It depends on what is important to you and what your body type is.

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    edited June 2017 #4
    Options
    Kim

Hi Kim, do you mind if I ask whether the biopsy came back ok? I sure hope so! You were in my prayers.