Heartwarming story with sad ending

Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member

How I hate this disease.  It takes from the old and the young and all ages in-between. 

I just read this article, and then I clicked on the link to the blog. I didn't read all the blog, but I will get back to it. 

Just thought I would share. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-40290563

Tru

Comments

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Thanks for sharing it, it is

Thanks for sharing it, it is really sad, ultimately. I'm happy for her that she had the opportunities to do so many of her bucket list items. I have some but I knw they'll never happen because we just don't have the money or have friends who can enable some of them to happen. So it's nice that she had people who could help with that but I have to admit that I feel somewhat envious. A few of the things I'd like to do before I die are simple but even they are probably beyond reach. I'd like to play with a raccoon or an otter, things like that. I can't see that happening. I'd also give anything to move to the country and have my horse outside. The last time I was at my doctor's- my GP- he said there's nothing he can give me that would be any better for me than Prince. But we just don't have the money and now that I've been let go from my job we just get by. 

Sorry, not trying to make this into a pity party about me, it just happened that you posted this on a day when I'm feeling really down about things. My CT scan is tomorrow, I've heard nothing back about a job, my sciatica and back are really bothering me, and I just want to go outside and be with my horse and not have to drive there. I want to just hang out with him like I used to when we had an acreage before. I'd sit in a lawn chair and read in his pen. Ugh, I'm just having a bad, sad day today, sorry. I saw an acreage for sale that boards horses and it would pay for itself and then I'd never have to worry about a boss being upset with me for missing time for doctor appointments or a few days of being sick. My husband is retired so he could do the work, too.

Ah well, I'm sitting here eating celery which gave me a blockage last time. I've spent 20 minutes picking out the strings and I'm making sure I'm chewing carefully so I guess I should just be happy for small blessings.

Jan

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Thanks for sharing it, it is

Thanks for sharing it, it is really sad, ultimately. I'm happy for her that she had the opportunities to do so many of her bucket list items. I have some but I knw they'll never happen because we just don't have the money or have friends who can enable some of them to happen. So it's nice that she had people who could help with that but I have to admit that I feel somewhat envious. A few of the things I'd like to do before I die are simple but even they are probably beyond reach. I'd like to play with a raccoon or an otter, things like that. I can't see that happening. I'd also give anything to move to the country and have my horse outside. The last time I was at my doctor's- my GP- he said there's nothing he can give me that would be any better for me than Prince. But we just don't have the money and now that I've been let go from my job we just get by. 

Sorry, not trying to make this into a pity party about me, it just happened that you posted this on a day when I'm feeling really down about things. My CT scan is tomorrow, I've heard nothing back about a job, my sciatica and back are really bothering me, and I just want to go outside and be with my horse and not have to drive there. I want to just hang out with him like I used to when we had an acreage before. I'd sit in a lawn chair and read in his pen. Ugh, I'm just having a bad, sad day today, sorry. I saw an acreage for sale that boards horses and it would pay for itself and then I'd never have to worry about a boss being upset with me for missing time for doctor appointments or a few days of being sick. My husband is retired so he could do the work, too.

Ah well, I'm sitting here eating celery which gave me a blockage last time. I've spent 20 minutes picking out the strings and I'm making sure I'm chewing carefully so I guess I should just be happy for small blessings.

Jan

Don't feel bad

There's a big difference betweene a married woman in her 50's and a young single (for most of her treatments) working woman. I am happy that she was able to accomplish so much on her bucket list. 

When push comes to shove, there is only one thing I would like to do, and that is fly around the coast of Great Britian; but I wouldn't do it at the expense of spending time with my boys. When the end comes, I would much rather be here, with my children and husband, than off on some trip. 

Tru

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Trubrit said:

Don't feel bad

There's a big difference betweene a married woman in her 50's and a young single (for most of her treatments) working woman. I am happy that she was able to accomplish so much on her bucket list. 

When push comes to shove, there is only one thing I would like to do, and that is fly around the coast of Great Britian; but I wouldn't do it at the expense of spending time with my boys. When the end comes, I would much rather be here, with my children and husband, than off on some trip. 

Tru

It helps that she was in the

It helps that she was in the public eye so people were stepping up to help her. There was a woman in the city near us who faked cancer a couple of years ago. She ended up receiving over twenty thousand dollars in donations from people from fundraisers. She shaved her head to fake hair loss and would walk around with fake tubes visible. I've seen the pictures in the papers. She's been charged and is going to court or already has, I'm not sure. When I see her smling face with her fake lines showing I want to reach through the paper and throttle her. I hope she gets cancer. I know that sounds horrible but if she wants to fake it then she deserves it. 

It shows how people want to be kind and help others who are suffering. But it also shows how some people can be so awful and take advantage of that. Anyway, really off track here. My CT scan is in a few hours and I'm just an emotional mess as always. Makes my thinking not as coherent as it should be. And makes me very bitter every time.

Jan

• kenkel
    kenkel Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for sharing

Her life might have been very different in terms of what choices she made if she didn't have cancer. If there is anything good about cancer it's that it teaches you to live more fully with the time you have left.