Tingling and numbness months after Cisplatin?

Options

Has anyone developed tingling and numbness in their feet and hands months after their last Cisplatin treatment? Hubby did not experience any neuropathy during chemo but has started to have these symptoms in the last week or so. 

Comments

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited June 2017 #2
    Options
    Yes

Takes a while for the damage to show up sometimes.

Same thing happened to my husband.

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    I still have the tingling/numbness

happening in my feet and hands 5 years later...it's going to be a life long thing, I think.  Took me a good while to get used to it in my hands....all my feet have to do is walk, so they didn't have to be retrained....the finger tips were another matter.  For a few months I played dropsy with everything....had to watch my hands tie my shoes, or they wouldn't do it.  To this day, I find myself on between the sheet and the blanket if I go to bed in the dark.  I can't feel the difference.  It's weird, but for me it's painless....just another part of the new normal.  If it starts getting painful, he needs to talk to his Onc.

p

• Sprint Car Dude
    Sprint Car Dude Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Yes,

I am 8 months post treatment and just my toes have the tingling sensations. They do however feel cold all of the time. Example is when I get in the hot tub I have the pin pricking sensations to all of my toes. I can live with that and the low key ringing in the ears. Phrannie51 is pretty much spot on. We are always looking for that new normal. Good Luck

• jpmsd
    jpmsd Member Posts: 14
    Options
    My tingles showed up about a

My tingles showed up about a month after treatment and have faded a lot 6 weeks later.

• Kskokko
    Kskokko Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2017 #6
    Options
    Late neuropathy

I am 12 weeks out from treatment and the neuropathy has become worse in the last month.   I am trying a homedics massager on my hands and feet

• MissBlueEyes4Life
    MissBlueEyes4Life Member Posts: 35
    Options
    No happened to me right away

No happened to me right away in the toes of my left foot and that's it. Hasn't improved but it hasn't gotten worse!

• denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    edited July 2017 #8
    Options
    neurothapy

8 years out and have it in my feet and it is progressing up my legs, will never go away now, had it too long

• Kenny-
    Kenny- Member Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    normal

similar for me. The tingling was there for many months. Colder months were the worst, freezing toes and such. However, for my situation it did improve slightly, and very slowly, over time. I'm about 2 years out and have significantly less neuropathy than before, but it's still there. Every person is different. 

that said, I have very random (bone) pains. I say it's bone because it feels like that's where it is. Howver, the scans shows it's NED. It comes and goes. Not sure if it's any side effort of neuropathy? But it creates anxiety of course, since neuropathy is an obvious extremity issue, the bones are a bit of a strange one - always wondering if it's a recurrence. But I take the scans for what they're worth now - that I'm NED!

Hope you get better!