Had Biopsy Today

Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

Hello all:  Today was the day for my surgical biopsy.  Had to be there at 7:00 a.m. and got home at 4:00.  Just plain tired.  Surgery was about an hour - just surprised that it took that long.  My breast is twice the size of the other one so they must have really gone deep - he said that it was.  Cried from one room to the other and then again when coming back to my "stall" after having the wire installed.  After they wheeled me into the operating room they tied my arms down and didn't realize it until trying to move them to make the "Sign of the Cross" before they gave me the propofal (sp).  That bothered me so I'm asking anyone if they might be Catholic to make the "Sign of the Cross" on my before surgery.  It was wondeful because someone did and then finally feeling at peace they gave me the medicine.  Woke up sore, but glad it was done.  The bad thing was my blood pressure was sky high.  190/87 before going in and 165/80 after.  It just wouldn't come down.  The nurse wouldn't let me leave until it came down.  My problem with the HBP is not the surgery it's the outcome and for it to go down after the surgery is not the issue.  They finally got me down to 154/75.  My head is still reeling that I'm going through this.  I'll find out on my birthday what the results are.  Just glad that the biopsy surgery is over with. 

Thanks for following my story.  I'll keep you informed after my appointment on Wednesday.  Although I've got a primary doctor appointment on Tuesday just to get my prescription refills so I'm not sure if he'll have the answer then or not.  My fingers are crossed and prayers are flowing.

Praying for all of you on the boards.

Kim

Comments

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Annabelle

I am so glad that this is behind you now! I will pray for you for good results. I am Catholic too, and I used Lourdes water before my biopsy and then surgery. I pray to God that they find the cure for all cancer! This can be cured, I know. Someday people won't have to suffer like this.

what i know is that early detection is key to survival and knowing is far better than not knowing. 

I have the exact same problem with my blood pressure. it has been sky high and both on the day of the lumpectomy and today for the chemo it was so, so high that they almost cancelled.  i begged them not to cancel, so they gave me medicine to bring it down quickly. The bottom numer was 140 today! really, really high. I don't know what is causing it. Scary! 

• HapB
    Oops double post

sure wish there was a delete post button. Happens a lot on my ipad

• Annabelle41415
    HapB said:

Annabelle

I am so glad that this is behind you now! I will pray for you for good results. I am Catholic too, and I used Lourdes water before my biopsy and then surgery. I pray to God that they find the cure for all cancer! This can be cured, I know. Someday people won't have to suffer like this.

what i know is that early detection is key to survival and knowing is far better than not knowing. 

I have the exact same problem with my blood pressure. it has been sky high and both on the day of the lumpectomy and today for the chemo it was so, so high that they almost cancelled.  i begged them not to cancel, so they gave me medicine to bring it down quickly. The bottom numer was 140 today! really, really high. I don't know what is causing it. Scary! 

Thanks for reply

Thank you for your prayers.  Yes, using Holy Water is a part of what makes me feel strength.  Knowing that your BP is so high I'm glad you told them you wanted to continue with treatment.  When going through my chemo and blood counts were so low I'd tell them to go ahead but they wouldn't and therefore I'd be delayed for weeks.  Keep that Lourdes water going.  Makes me smile that you mentioned that.

Hugs!  Kim

• HapB
    Annabelle

Trust me, I am well stocked with the Lourdes water and I am putting it all over me. My sister says that when I finish this treatment, I need to head straight to Lourdes and dip my whole body in the Grotto! After three cancers in 6 years, I think I might just do that!  It's a plan!  I just joined a prayer intercession group and I will include you on the list. Parishioners pray each week for the needs of others. It makes me feel great to join in prayer with others. All will be well! 

• Annabelle41415
    HapB said:

Annabelle

Trust me, I am well stocked with the Lourdes water and I am putting it all over me. My sister says that when I finish this treatment, I need to head straight to Lourdes and dip my whole body in the Grotto! After three cancers in 6 years, I think I might just do that!  It's a plan!  I just joined a prayer intercession group and I will include you on the list. Parishioners pray each week for the needs of others. It makes me feel great to join in prayer with others. All will be well! 

Blessing

You are truly a Blessing and thank you so much.  You will be in my continued prayers as well.  I'll let the board know when my report comes back.  Thanks again for your prayers and response.

Kim

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    kim

Prayers going up for you.

Hugs,

Annie

• Annabelle41415
    Apaugh said:

kim

Prayers going up for you.

Hugs,

Annie

Thanks so much

Prayers for you as well and thank you for yours.  I'm nervous as tomorrow my primary doctor might have the results. 

Hugs!  Kim