It is what it is...

Options
MMDowns
MMDowns Member Posts: 318

Hello H & N friends,

Long time no post ! :)   Well, here we are about 1 1/2 post treatments and all is well.  Terry is busy cleaning out his classroom, getting back into walking again, resting, sort of eating, and just enjoying everyday.  It is wonderful to see him looking like himself.  We re gettting ready to go out of town to visit his mom and boy do we need a vacation.  We need to get out of our house and get out of our city.  There's still a lot of reminders of the past 6 months and we need a breather.   Our son is home from college and that has been a welcome distraction and he is making most of the dinners at night!  Yay for us! 

We have started to see our therapist to help navigate this "new normal" and to help with some of the anxiety (mainly me) that has been festering since the diagnosis and sort of exploded.  Therapy is wonderful and we are blessed to have a good one.  

I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the summer.  If you are in the middle of treatments, just beginning, or ending I wish for you a gentle ride and a speedy recovery!

Terry's first PET scan will be at the end of July so you know you will hear from me :)

Love

Comments

• Chicklette
    Chicklette Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Nice to hear from you

I was just thinking about you today and wondering how Terry was doing.  Sounds like he is doing well.  Hooray!  :)  My husband finished week 5 today.  He is still doing remarkably well.  He took his daughter out to dinner last night for her birthday and he had baked haddock.  We went to Chipotle on Tuesday and he had a whole burrito.  I'm amazed at how well he is still eating and he is only taking occasional ibuprofin for pain.  (Not saying this to brag by any means.  But, I think it helps when people can read the good stuff, too).  He does have a lack of tastebuds and a lot of things don't taste very good anymore, but he is still making himself eat.  He is also struggling with mucous.  I almost think that is the worst part for him at the moment.  He didn't mention anything about constipation this week.  That was a struggle for a couple of weeks.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well and getting away for a few days.  We plan to take a mini vacation sometime when this is all over, too.

Take Care

~Chicklette~

• mskitty137
    mskitty137 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    MMDOWNS,  it makes my heart

MMDOWNS,  it makes my heart happy to hear that your husband is getting back his life. Mine is too for the most part.  He still has bad days and angry days (today was an angry day btw ). But he's back at work too and eating quite well so I am happy for that. 

Enjoy getting away. A change of scenery will do you both a world of good. At least that's what my therapist keeps telling me.

Hugs!!

• SuzJ
    SuzJ Member Posts: 427 Member
    Options

MMDOWNS,  it makes my heart

MMDOWNS,  it makes my heart happy to hear that your husband is getting back his life. Mine is too for the most part.  He still has bad days and angry days (today was an angry day btw ). But he's back at work too and eating quite well so I am happy for that. 

Enjoy getting away. A change of scenery will do you both a world of good. At least that's what my therapist keeps telling me.

Hugs!!

I am so glad he's doing

I am so glad he's doing better. Getting away will be perfect!