Hair

HapB
HapB Member Posts: 527

How long after Chemo does it take for hair to grow back? 

Comments

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    it differs

Mine started falling out in clumps on day 14 of chemo.  It was big globs and it was everywhere.  It felt itchy and like webs on me.  All over my bed, furniture, a mess.  I went to the park and started pulling it out adn letting the birds take it for nesting. Then I went over to my hair stylist and had her shave it the rest of the way.  Once I stopped the A/C chemo it took about 3 mo. to show signs of fuzz.   Youtube has many post of chemo patients discussing their hair fall out and the regrowth.  THey all seem to very. 

My eyes got really itchy when the eyelashes come out and itchy when tehy came back.  It is all a slow growth.  I remember my head feeling very tender.  Sleeping in a soft knit hat helped that.  They have them at the cancer center, just ask.  Thy are free. 

Hope this helps

HUG

Annie

• SLS100
    SLS100 Member Posts: 37
    Hair after chemo

I saw a video on youtube about a shampoo called Nioxin. I have been using it for about two months. I know another woman who was losing her hair out of stress and her doctor also had her using Nioxin. I got it on Amazon, much cheaper then a salon.

• HapB
    SLS100 said:

Hair after chemo

I saw a video on youtube about a shampoo called Nioxin. I have been using it for about two months. I know another woman who was losing her hair out of stress and her doctor also had her using Nioxin. I got it on Amazon, much cheaper then a salon.

nioxin. Is it working?

how fast is your hair growing back?

• HapB
    Hoping not to lose hair

So, my doctor told me that about 80% lose hair with the Taxol - Herceptin. Last time i had chemo six years ago, I did not lose any hair at all. Nobody would have ever known I was sick by looking at me! Really.

I was thinking of cold capping, but not sure now. I beleive in miracles, and maybe i will have another one this time?  Did any of you have this regimen and not lose hair??? 

• SLS100
    SLS100 Member Posts: 37
    nioxin for hair and organyc for eyebrows

my hair seems to be getting fuller and is growing. i am still using up the first bottle of nioxin. you only use about a half teaspoon so it lasts a long time. my hair in the back came in dark brown, the rest is salt and pepper. I also got this remedy organyc for losing eyebrows and eyelashes. it was on amazon as well. i havent used it on my lashes but have been using it on my eyebrows which came in very sparse. i think it is helping. i am 59 now so if you are younger your hair may come in faster. it is very curly in the back. i blow dry the front so it gives me bangs

• fightthefight2017
    fightthefight2017 Member Posts: 4
    HapB said:

Hoping not to lose hair

So, my doctor told me that about 80% lose hair with the Taxol - Herceptin. Last time i had chemo six years ago, I did not lose any hair at all. Nobody would have ever known I was sick by looking at me! Really.

I was thinking of cold capping, but not sure now. I beleive in miracles, and maybe i will have another one this time?  Did any of you have this regimen and not lose hair??? 

Help!

I started going to this hair recovery treatment center when I was diagnosed, they cut my hair and perserved it. They reapplied it with by micro beading!! It saved my life. They do soo much for all types of hair recovery! Their site is Www.HairWithaCause.com please keep me updated on your proccess or if you found anything that would help you! 

God Bless!

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    SLS100 said:

nioxin for hair and organyc for eyebrows

my hair seems to be getting fuller and is growing. i am still using up the first bottle of nioxin. you only use about a half teaspoon so it lasts a long time. my hair in the back came in dark brown, the rest is salt and pepper. I also got this remedy organyc for losing eyebrows and eyelashes. it was on amazon as well. i havent used it on my lashes but have been using it on my eyebrows which came in very sparse. i think it is helping. i am 59 now so if you are younger your hair may come in faster. it is very curly in the back. i blow dry the front so it gives me bangs

sounds like mine...

I am 55, I started greying early (18)  Last yr. when I started the chemo it was almost all white.  I was cool with it.  

When it came back, it is exactly like you are describing SLS100.   I never had curly hair and that back drove me nuts.  Straight in front, curly in back and white in front adn salt and pepper in back!!!  WTH???  I was not ready to accept that.   So I went to hair stylst and had the front styled and back cut off very short to try again.   White I am not happy with it, it will do till I can mentally adjust again. 

I have not bought any special shampoos or conditioners. 

HUGS

Annie