Ovarian 3c possible peritoneal reccurance

Options
So50
So50 Member Posts: 6

I'm 2 months into remission of Stage III C papillary serous mixed low high grade ovarian cancer. Just had a CT that showed:

Several new areas of wispy and poorly defined soft tissue thickening in the mesentery, along the serosal surface of the proximal ascending colon and in the pelvic fat as well as new trace pelvic free fluid, strongly concerning for recurrent peritoneal disease. 

I have a PET scan scheduled next week. Just hoping anyone with experience in peritoneal  reccurance can share. Thanks. 

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    So50, I am a visitor from the

So50, I am a visitor from the Uterine board and just wanted to post my support for you.  I suspect some of the other ladies will be along to share. 

• bettyboop3917
    bettyboop3917 Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2017 #3
    Options

I am at this time dealing with a recurrence of clear cell ovarian cancer. I had been out of chemo for less then 8 months when it came back. 

Before the second surgery for the cancer my surgen and chemo doctor talked about what the best chemo for this. It was decided that IP chemo for me would give me the best odds of getting it in to remion again. So while in surgery the doctor put in my IP port and cleaned up the cancer she could in surgery. IP chemo is hard and I at first didn't want to go that way but the newest studies out on it showed it was worth going for. 

You may want to talk about the best chemo for you and if IP is worth thinking about. 

Out of all of this the fear and unknown of not knowing if it was back but yet knowing it was is the hardest part to deal with. That and knowing the odds had changed this scared the hell out of me. 

Putting back on my battle hat and fighting for my life has not been easy but the battle is on and I plan on winning. :) 

Big hugs and sending warm thoughts your way. 

• Guitardiva
    Guitardiva Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You're not alone.   It's very

You're not alone.   It's very frightening.

I had an epithelial/squamous cell ovarian tumor, surgery, chemo, and five months after finishing chemo, it has spread to multiple retroperitoneal lymph nodes.  I was just started on Doxil/Avastin for the recurrence, since I was told it would now be "managed," not "cured," but I am having serious doubts about more chemo.  I'm in the minority though; most of these folks seem to go all out and do everything that can possibly be done to keep going.  I just can't bring myself to spend months on end feeling exhausted and sick without any real hope of doing more than holding the disease back for a few months.

But that's just me. I'm a problem child.

Keep us posted on your progress.

• candykins12
    candykins12 Member Posts: 1
    Options

You're not alone.   It's very

You're not alone.   It's very frightening.

I had an epithelial/squamous cell ovarian tumor, surgery, chemo, and five months after finishing chemo, it has spread to multiple retroperitoneal lymph nodes.  I was just started on Doxil/Avastin for the recurrence, since I was told it would now be "managed," not "cured," but I am having serious doubts about more chemo.  I'm in the minority though; most of these folks seem to go all out and do everything that can possibly be done to keep going.  I just can't bring myself to spend months on end feeling exhausted and sick without any real hope of doing more than holding the disease back for a few months.

But that's just me. I'm a problem child.

Keep us posted on your progress.

frightening isn't enough of a word

I just found out today that my cancer is back after being so sure it was gone forever. My CA125 after chemo Taxol/Carboplatin and surgery and more chemo never went over 4.5 until last Tuesdays blood work said it was 37.5 so PET scan Friday and here Iam wondering what to do next. So many different chemos and other treatments my head is spinning. Also knowing that stage 4 ovarian cancer took my Mothers life after her fighting for 4 1/2 years. Any information anyone would like to give PLEASE do.