SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

Here is an interesting article I came accross on dietary strategies:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5083978/

Comments

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that. It's

Thanks for sharing that. It's interesting but some of it went over my head and I'm wondering who published it, was it a nutrition product company or a group interested in nutrition and how it affects cancer. What I'd really like to see is the rate of incidents in certain countries that consume more curcumin or more fish, things like that. Whenever I read something like this it annoys me knowing that I didn't eat the way they warn against. I had IBS and couldn't eat many of the things they say can cause colon cancer even if I wanted to. But my husband eats the way they warn against and he doesn't have it.

Anyway, thank you!

Jan

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link

I confess, most of what I read, went right over my head. I'm not saying I'm dumb, but I'm simple, thats for sure. 

I agree that diet plays a huge part in many medical issues of the day.  I won't go to extremes to get certain nutrients. Its my personal choice, but I do try to eat a varied and healthy diet. 

Tru

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    JanJan63 said:

Thanks for sharing that. It's

Thanks for sharing that. It's interesting but some of it went over my head and I'm wondering who published it, was it a nutrition product company or a group interested in nutrition and how it affects cancer. What I'd really like to see is the rate of incidents in certain countries that consume more curcumin or more fish, things like that. Whenever I read something like this it annoys me knowing that I didn't eat the way they warn against. I had IBS and couldn't eat many of the things they say can cause colon cancer even if I wanted to. But my husband eats the way they warn against and he doesn't have it.

Anyway, thank you!

Jan

Source

It was published in the Journal "Nutrients" by a bunch of Romanian physicians/academics.  Much of what I find in the medical journals is very dense, but I still think it is possible to extract some valuable information from them.  This article had a fairly good summary of the most common dietary approaches, which is why I included it.  Using pubmed you can research each individual element (like Vitamin D or Curcumin) and get much more detailed information.