Chemo side effects with itching

Options
ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181

Hi everyone.I haven't been on for awhile.I am doing well since treatments.I have had a problem of itching really bad.I went to reg. Dr.She thinks it is nerve damage from chemo.Have any of you had this?If so have you found anything that helps.Thank you.God bless.

Comments

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    itching

I did.  well, I still do sometimes.  I take one benadryl when it gets on my nerves too much. 

Hugs,

annie

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2017 #3
    Options
    Any new meds?

Are you on any new meds?  After my chemo it has now been determined that I can not take some of the antibiotics that worked for me before treatment.  I get rashes, itchiness, and swelling.  Anything "new" post chemo - meds, foods, etc can be a trigger.  With the change of season, think about summer foods that you may not have had since before treatment.

I sometimes feel that somebody else's blood is now flowing through me!

Hope the benedryl does the trick or you find the source.

Kathy

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Kathy and Annie

thanks for the reply. I can not take bendrl.i actually had a reaction to it.

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Awe

So sorry you have an allergic reaction to benadryl.  UGH.  Such a cheap, simple, over the counter fix.  Did they say what you could take?  Maybe an anti-histimine or a steroid.  I hope they find something for you.  Keep us posted.

Hugs,

Annie