Path report from lumpectomy

HapB
HapB Member Posts: 527

Hi. The pathology report from the lumpectomy and sentinel node excision came in today. It was good news! There was no cancer in the nodes and none in surrounding tissue and the tumor was 1.8 cm. , but triple positive. So. i don't need more surgery! YAY!  

Now, I see the MO on Friday and they are still reocmmending chemo, radiation, and 5 yrs. of aromotase inhibitor, because of the Her2, I think. I don't want the chemo at all.  Has anyone else had stage 1 triple positive and is chemo always recommended for all Her2 tumors? 

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    yay

I don't have input as to your triple positive questions, but I can't let a "no nodes or surrounding tissue" report go by without a yippee:)

xoxo

Victoria 

• HapB
    edited May 2017 #3
    stage 1 same as stage 3???

Thanks! I am so relieved!!!!!!!  The information that I am now getting about triple positive Bc is that it doesn't matter what stage it is, the treatment is all the same. Bummer! I find it hard to understand why that would be. I will find out more from the doctor Friday. Ugh. 

• Beepositive
    Beepositive Member Posts: 259 Member
    edited May 2017 #4
    glad to here your good news Hapb

Glad to hear your good news HapB ..yes check with your doctor as you stated concerning treatment options because I thought depending on the type and stage of cancer determines the type of treatment..(this is what my Doctors told me)  Good Luck with everything!!

BEEPositiveSmile

• meschellejensen
    meschellejensen Member Posts: 117
    Woo Hoo HapB!!

No more surgery is good news!  Clear nodes are also good news!  I will be praying that you get good news when you talk with the MO.

• meschellejensen
    meschellejensen Member Posts: 117
    HapB Are you feeling better?

HapB,

Are you feeling better now?  I know that you were having a tough time after surgery?

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited May 2017 #7
    Hap

Because you are HER2 pos.  your chances of reaccurance and spread goes way up.  That is why they want you to give it all they have with the chemo and the Herceptin.  I have 3 more left to get and they had started me on the Als 4 or 5 months ago.  They overlap them and treat it aggressivly for that reason.  It does make you tired.  you can have bad days.

Nope, they cannot give you any guarentee it will not happend again, but you can say, I gave it all I can and I fought hard like a girl!   

Look up HER2 pos and keep reading up on it.  I have to keep looking it up, I have that darn chemo brain fog crap and I found out this week that my lymphedemia causes the brain fog too.  My new norm, I will adjust and I just know in a year, it will be all better. 

HUGS<

Annie

• HapB
    Annie

I may not do it at all. I have been reading all the posts and I have no desire to live the rest of my life sick and in pain. I just don't want to live on meds and be sick. Not for me. Leaning towards not doing the chemo at all. 

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    HapB said:

Annie

I may not do it at all. I have been reading all the posts and I have no desire to live the rest of my life sick and in pain. I just don't want to live on meds and be sick. Not for me. Leaning towards not doing the chemo at all. 

HapB

You make your choices.  It is your body and we will respect that.  I wrote you something on another post about what I go through and all.  I think your a tough woman, with alot of knowledge and even though some of it is rough, it is managable.  

Keep us posted and we will keep you in the pink lady prayers hon.

Hugs

Annie