I joined yesterday

Options
2»

Comments

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

Katheryn

Wow!! For quite some time now, I've had all of this "stuff" rattling around in my head - from guilt to anger to thank God it all turned out okay. And then I read your story - all that "stuff" just faded away as I read. You have truly touched me with your story... your strength... and your faith. By that single gesture of sharing, you have given me what I've been looking for (but didn't know it). The silver lining! It's the simple act of sharing.... of listening (or in this case reading). I started this journey keeping everything to myself for my sister, but she's with your mom for quite some time now.  I don't understand how or why you guiding me through your journey has calmed the waters, but, you know, that's okay. The important thing is that you have. And I thank you. You and your family have a permanent place in my prayers.

Deb

Deb...

Its funny how life works isn't it? They say you never know what one thing you say or do may make a difference in someone elses day or life. I am honored that my words have brought you a sense of peace today. 

Maybe this is proof that God puts us in exactly the right place at exactly the right time...according to his plan, not ours. You could have posted long ago, but may have needed to go through what you have (and will continue to) to bring you to the right place at the right time, just as it has been for myself. I am overjoyed that our paths have crossed and I believe that they will continue to do so as we move forward.

Thank you for adding my family to your prayers, and if that "stuff" begins to rattle for you again, know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers for continued calm and tranquil days ahead.

katheryn

• sephie
    sephie Member Posts: 650 Member
    edited May 2017 #23
    Options
    i can understand your decisions

I almost opted NOT to do the treatment..... I have no children ....in 2009, i never even looked AC up on the web to see what it was.... i did not know how hard the tx would be....i first said NO to tx,  then my hubby said just try it....i was one who had nothing but problems and pain from the 1st week at MD Anderson....it took me over a year after tx for pain to subside.... i still have it many time with BM or walking  or sitting too long....I was stage 2..... i am 8 year out.....hugs to you.....

• itsajourney
    itsajourney Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sephie

Thanks for the hugs and congratulation on 8 years! You know, after hearing everyone's story, I find myself wondering whether if I had remarried, I would have taken a different path. I honestly can't say. I know a year of post-treatment pain is a lot to endure, but I'm glad it has subsided for you. I still spend way too much time reading medical literature and I know researchers are looking for ways to treat chemoradiotherapy damage. I hope they succeed!! And soon! Hugs back!

• Mollymaude
    Mollymaude Member Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Deb

Thank you for the story about your son. It really resonated with me. That innocence of childhood sure doesn't last long does it? Bittersweet! I sometimes get this feeling I'd like to go back for a day when they were little and spend it playing with them. Life seems really short sometimes, it's just going by so fast. I know there are some mothers with little kids on this site- give them an extra hug tonight!