CAT scan? Is that typical?

Options
2»

Comments

• MMDowns
    MMDowns Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Today's the day

Terry goes in for his CT scan at 11:15 a.m.  I feel pretty positive today. I do.  Of course, the doubt in me then start to second guess the positive feelings and I have to tell myself to stop.  When I talked to the rads nurse  she was very kind and told me she would let the dr. know we would like a phone call ASAP when he gets the results as opposed to stressing out over the weekend.  They are so WONDERFUL!  So if you all could spare a prayer or positive thought and send it our way, it would be much appreciated.  I cannot imagine how I will be on the PET scan day.  This is modern day torture.  

Positive, positive thoughts!! We got this!

• Engelsa
    Engelsa Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Peace

I just said a prayer for you and your husband. For reference John 14:27.

Sara

• Chicklette
    Chicklette Member Posts: 225
    Options
    MMDowns said:

Today's the day

Terry goes in for his CT scan at 11:15 a.m.  I feel pretty positive today. I do.  Of course, the doubt in me then start to second guess the positive feelings and I have to tell myself to stop.  When I talked to the rads nurse  she was very kind and told me she would let the dr. know we would like a phone call ASAP when he gets the results as opposed to stressing out over the weekend.  They are so WONDERFUL!  So if you all could spare a prayer or positive thought and send it our way, it would be much appreciated.  I cannot imagine how I will be on the PET scan day.  This is modern day torture.  

Positive, positive thoughts!! We got this!

Of Course!

Prayers and positive thoughts to you and Terry today (and every day).  ((HUG))

• MMDowns
    Options
    Engelsa said:

Peace

I just said a prayer for you and your husband. For reference John 14:27.

Sara

What a beautiful prayer.  I

What a beautiful prayer.  I thank you.  I offer the same to you.  For nothing less than peace.  I do put this all in God's hands. Thank you again!

• MMDowns
    Options

Of Course!

Prayers and positive thoughts to you and Terry today (and every day).  ((HUG))

Thank you so much! It's done.

Thank you so much! It's done. He said it was fast and the radiologist said the dr. Is probably looking for shrinkage, inflammation and activity which I'm not sure what activity we are talking about. To me that's way too early so I'm thinking maybe any radiation activity? Grrr! I really loathe this part. I do. But, I'm remaining positive and hoping for nothing but good results. 

How are all of you? Sounds like the hubby is doing well. That's wonderful!

Hugs to you! 

• Chicklette
    Options
    MMDowns said:

Thank you so much! It's done.

Thank you so much! It's done. He said it was fast and the radiologist said the dr. Is probably looking for shrinkage, inflammation and activity which I'm not sure what activity we are talking about. To me that's way too early so I'm thinking maybe any radiation activity? Grrr! I really loathe this part. I do. But, I'm remaining positive and hoping for nothing but good results. 

How are all of you? Sounds like the hubby is doing well. That's wonderful!

Hugs to you! 

Good so far

So far so good.  My husband still isn't having many side effects.  His singing voice is starting to change a bit, but he only sings for fun now.  He said he sounds like a teenage boy.  LOL.  His speaking voice is pretty good, but I am noticing a little bit of a change.  He is still eating and swallowing just fine.  His rad doctor said to him that anyone still eating pizza in week 2 is doing exceptionally well.  :)  So, I'll take that as a good thing.  He didn't mention any ringing in his ears today, so I will ask him about it tonight.  (It was last Thursday that he noticed a little ... he has chemo every Tuesday).  He had a massage and accupuncture / accupressure treatments during chemo on Tuesday and accupuncture today after rads.  We joked that it's a regular day at the spa with a little chemo and radiation thrown in for good measure.  :)  Hey, we might as well have a sense of humor about it, right? 

• MMDowns
    Options

Good so far

So far so good.  My husband still isn't having many side effects.  His singing voice is starting to change a bit, but he only sings for fun now.  He said he sounds like a teenage boy.  LOL.  His speaking voice is pretty good, but I am noticing a little bit of a change.  He is still eating and swallowing just fine.  His rad doctor said to him that anyone still eating pizza in week 2 is doing exceptionally well.  :)  So, I'll take that as a good thing.  He didn't mention any ringing in his ears today, so I will ask him about it tonight.  (It was last Thursday that he noticed a little ... he has chemo every Tuesday).  He had a massage and accupuncture / accupressure treatments during chemo on Tuesday and accupuncture today after rads.  We joked that it's a regular day at the spa with a little chemo and radiation thrown in for good measure.  :)  Hey, we might as well have a sense of humor about it, right? 

Wow! Pizza? That's amazing!

Wow! Pizza? That's amazing!  Finding the funny in this mess was what got us through.  Honestly, we laughed about things that I never thought was funny before but we needed something. I have heard that accupuncture does wonders for a lot of cancer patients.  I was ready to propose that idea if the meds didn't work.  Sounds wonderful!  What's a little chemo and rads when you get a massage! :)  I hope for you both a continued gentle ride.  Keep up the laughter!

• MMDowns
    edited May 2017 #29
    Options
    all the positive thoughts and

all the positive thoughts and prayers worked!! (And the meds, of course) but the scan was good!! Yay!! Now onto working on the new normal. :)

• Chicklette
    Options
    MMDowns said:

all the positive thoughts and

all the positive thoughts and prayers worked!! (And the meds, of course) but the scan was good!! Yay!! Now onto working on the new normal. :)

Hooray!

That is wonderful news! :)

• MMDowns
    edited May 2017 #31
    Options

Hooray!

That is wonderful news! :)

Thank you, thank you!  Hugs!

Thank you, thank you!  Hugs!  Have a wonderful weekend :)

• mskitty137
    mskitty137 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    So glad the CT scan showed

So glad the CT scan showed positive results! !! The waiting is terrible!  My hubby will have his 12 weeks PET scan July 10th.  

• MMDowns
    Options

So glad the CT scan showed

So glad the CT scan showed positive results! !! The waiting is terrible!  My hubby will have his 12 weeks PET scan July 10th.  

The waiting is the worst part

The waiting is the worst part!  I am continually adding you both to prayers and good thoughts.  I have faith that all will be well with your hubby! Our PET scan is Aug 1st.  Until then I am planning on having a wonderful summer with my family.  Have any big plans?  :)