capsule contracture

Mariangel43
Mariangel43 Member Posts: 79

Hi, ladies.  What are the signs of capsule contracture?  I had implant surgery on Dec 8 and now half of the implant feels hard to the touch.  If I move my arm to the front I feel the tightness in that area too.  I developed capsule contracture with the expansor and I asked the PS what was the probability I would develop it again with the implant.  He said none very arrogantly.  He is used to avoid big questions and big problems.

He also was supposed to reduce the left breast to a size B and he didn't.  If he had taken the amount of skin he was supposed to, I would not have a cyst developing on the left breast. Now I have to be on a continuous watch for met on the left breast.  My MO told me that it was too little to have a biopsy and also the cyst and the enlarged lymph node at its side cannot be seen on the mammograph. Only on the US.  

I will come back to this site at the end of the week.  Will read all your comments and they will be greatly appreciated.

Maria.

Comments

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Maria

I chose to go flat.  I heard to many nightmarish stories on reconstruction and just could not mentally handle any of it.  I wish you luck on this and will keep you in my prayers.  If your doc dont want to help you or you find him offish, request a new one to take over your case. 

HUGS,

Annie

• Mariangel43
    Mariangel43 Member Posts: 79
    New contact

I have a friend that will be undergoing breast reduction by the end of this month and she gave me her physician's name.  I will go to see my doc on Friday and I will tell him about the pain, the hardness in the breast side, and the tightness when moving.  If he doesn't take it seriously, and answers with evasiveness, I will go to this new doctor and tell him what's going on.  I will wait until September when I will have my US for left breast done.  I a cyst and an enlarged nodule in it and I want it out if it grew more  I won't let it develop into a new cancer.

Thank you Apaugh for attention.  Hope you are well.