For amusement value only.. (Mothers Day tale)

Options
SuzJ
SuzJ Member Posts: 427 Member

.. as I said, amusement value only, as in say, a Mothers Day gift from me to you :)

In 2009, Kyle and I lost our German Shepherd, Wildfyre, to something called Dengenerative Mylopathy, basically DM, isthe canine verson of MS for Dogs. It wasn't pretty. I took her to the vets for pain meds, and didnt come home with her. We were heartbroken (I didn't promist no sad bits!)

Now I'm English, Tea to us is a comfort Food. "The germans bobed us" - Put e kettle on. "She's just had  quintuplets" - put the kettle on,  ~ I can't explain how much Tea is a comfort food for us - and the worse the trauma, the more sugar!

Now my son, who was born in the US, has adopted many UK habits.

So the monday after the vet visit, he came into my office and asked if he could mke tea. Of course I said yes!

(Now read this next part really closely.)

He went into the kitchen, filled our shiney red electic kettle with water, and placed said electic kettle on the electic stove and turned it on.

I saw the reflections of the flames in the monitor of my PC before the alarm went off, leapt to my feet yelling KYLE and headed for my never used fire extinguisher next to the electric stove.

Holy Cow!! Have you any idea how far that  white extinguisher stuff goes?? I was cleaning it out of cupbourds for 6 months after this event... about the sme amount of time it took for Kyle to  stop apologizing - 

But at the end of the day, it was an accident, no one was hurt, and we were all ok :)

Moral of the story, Never put electric appliaces on Electric Appliances!

Comments

• Engelsa
    Engelsa Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Love it

Suz

I love it. Gave me a real laugh. 

I thought about the time my son washed the dishes for me. He loaded the dishwasher all by himself. Filled the soap dispenser to the brim with Palmolive. Chose pot scrubber and heated drying cycles. 

We had bubbles up to the counter tops. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. My son was mortified. He couldn't believe I did not yell about the situation. It reminded me of something out of I love Lucy. I just laughed and laughed.

i will say our kitchen floor was sparkling clean from the steam cleaning my son gave it.

Sara

• sherylcv13
    sherylcv13 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you both for the smiles

Thank you both for the smiles :):)

• Chicklette
    Chicklette Member Posts: 225
    edited May 2017 #4
    Options
    Engelsa said:

Love it

Suz

I love it. Gave me a real laugh. 

I thought about the time my son washed the dishes for me. He loaded the dishwasher all by himself. Filled the soap dispenser to the brim with Palmolive. Chose pot scrubber and heated drying cycles. 

We had bubbles up to the counter tops. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. My son was mortified. He couldn't believe I did not yell about the situation. It reminded me of something out of I love Lucy. I just laughed and laughed.

i will say our kitchen floor was sparkling clean from the steam cleaning my son gave it.

Sara

I was gonna say ...

He washed the floor at the same time as he did the dishes! Haha

• caregiver wife
    caregiver wife Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Tea

Did you have Earl Grey??  After the fire...  How funny!