Foxhd

CRashster
CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member

just wanted to say, that's an awesome jacket.

Comments

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    That jacket

carries more memories than my camera ever could. But I guess you knew that. You've got me smiling now.

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    edited May 2017 #3
    Funny because

I have tried to read what's on your t-shirt.  I too think the jackets Cool! I have always admired a well worn leather jacket. They usually have an interesting history of the places its been.... and I'm sure yours has been all over the place... 

Kim

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Laconia!

Laconia, New Hampshire - Bike Week. 

Had a relative (through marriage - his, not mine) who used to sled down Ladd Hill Road in Laconia in the winter (This would've probably been in the teens or '20s). If the sledding was particularly good, they used to go all the way out onto the ice on the lake. You can't get there in a straight shot anymore, which is not a bad thing. Nowadays, you would probably get nailed by the cross traffic on the main road.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    This jacket

is more comfortable than a favorite pair of slippers. Has the feel of a security blanket. How many times I've slept in it camping next to my bike. The more it's been abused, the happier it is. That pic is at the summit of Mt. Washington, New Hampshire. I'm thinking of a Laconia trip to watch the hill climbs next month. The climbs are returning to the Gunstock ski jump hill. As the day progresses, the bikes dig up the slope. Rocks the size of basketballs come tumbling down like mini avalanches toward the spectators. People scurry out of the way like rats looking for places to hide. Bikes somersault and flip a$$ over ankles as riders try to reach the top. Stupid things can be so much fun. Or maybe it is just the beer.

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    foxhd said:

That jacket

carries more memories than my camera ever could. But I guess you knew that. You've got me smiling now.

That jacket IS cool! But you

That jacket IS cool! But you wear it well!  Looks so soft and comfortable and i bet you strummed many strings while wearing it!

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    My jacket

My green Columbia jacket is my favorite jacket. Part of my hiking gear. It's seen me over mountains through trails and lots of rain. It won't last as long as that leather, but it's been a good one.