did anyone have pain in anal area before treatment started

Options
2»

Comments

• sfcharm
    sfcharm Member Posts: 16
    Options

Pain before diagnosed with anal cancer

Yes I was starting to have pain I took Tylenol lot and I always felt like I had to go to the bathroom . I was diagnosed first with hemorrhoids. I waited about 5 months went back to a doctor they sent me for a colonoscopy.  They couldn't even do it I was swollen in there and they couldn't even get the tube in me . It took a few tests before they finally found out I had anal cancer.. this October will make 7 years since I was diagnosed with anal cancer then 2014 the same cancer came back but it was in a limp mode close to my kidneys..thank God they was able to get it out with surgery I didn't have to do chemo that time just radiation

Pain

I was just diagnosed with a High grade anal epithelial lesion. I will be evaluated this week at UCSF dysplasia clinic. Your post caught my eye as I just had a colonoscopy where the lesion was found. The GI Dr. was unable to scope me even with a pediatric scope. She was able to complete the colonoscopy but had to use the tube that they use to go down your throat for an endoscopy. She said she's only had to do that once before. My anal pain last night was so bad I had to take two oxycodones for pain. Some nights I have no pain. I pray that they can get to the bottom of all of this. I hope you're doing well.

• Mollymaude
    Mollymaude Member Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Sfcharm

i had pain that varied like yours and found a muscle relaxant (cyclobenzaprine) really helped. That was after my treatment- I would get rectal spasms that made an already sore area really hurt!

• sfcharm
    sfcharm Member Posts: 16
    Options

Sfcharm

i had pain that varied like yours and found a muscle relaxant (cyclobenzaprine) really helped. That was after my treatment- I would get rectal spasms that made an already sore area really hurt!

Flexeril

I have taken this muscle relaxant in the past for many years. I have a bad back and it helped me so very much. I went off of it just six months ago but am going to speak with my primary about starting it again. I agree with you, it works.

• Mollymaude
    Mollymaude Member Posts: 431 Member
    edited June 2017 #25
    Options
    Sfcharm

I hope it helps. 

• Nutmeg1
    Nutmeg1 Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Always in pain - just the degree changes

I have had growing 'discomfort' for over 13 weeks now. Ever since I detected that something wasn't right. I too thought I had haemoroids but became suspicious when nothing stopped the pain and I began bleeding from my backside.

Treatment starts next week but I don't imagine that the pain will go away any time soon.

I end up having to lie down. It seems like the only position that doesn't apply pressure on my anus. Even as I lay down, I am very aware of the aching in my hip and back area. Walking, bending, sitting all contribute to the pain. If I do some physical activity like ... vaccuuming (I found out!), sitting too long, climbing a flight of stairs, changinging gears in the car, or being on my feet too long, all send me to bed having to rest and recover. The pain catches up with me and I have no choice but to be still. Having to do a bowel motion really builds up the 'pain in the butt'.

I take Panadol Osteo around the clock, Tramal at night and have a weekly norphine patch, all of which takes the edge off the sharpness of the PAIN. When the week is nearing the end, I can't believe how much of the ache has been dulled by the patch, because the pain returns, creeping into my back, my side and my anus. Not sleeping at night real good either, so napping during the day has been a blessing.

I am encouraged to hear that the burden of the pain does eventually ... pass. 

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Nutmeg1 said:

Always in pain - just the degree changes

I have had growing 'discomfort' for over 13 weeks now. Ever since I detected that something wasn't right. I too thought I had haemoroids but became suspicious when nothing stopped the pain and I began bleeding from my backside.

Treatment starts next week but I don't imagine that the pain will go away any time soon.

I end up having to lie down. It seems like the only position that doesn't apply pressure on my anus. Even as I lay down, I am very aware of the aching in my hip and back area. Walking, bending, sitting all contribute to the pain. If I do some physical activity like ... vaccuuming (I found out!), sitting too long, climbing a flight of stairs, changinging gears in the car, or being on my feet too long, all send me to bed having to rest and recover. The pain catches up with me and I have no choice but to be still. Having to do a bowel motion really builds up the 'pain in the butt'.

I take Panadol Osteo around the clock, Tramal at night and have a weekly norphine patch, all of which takes the edge off the sharpness of the PAIN. When the week is nearing the end, I can't believe how much of the ache has been dulled by the patch, because the pain returns, creeping into my back, my side and my anus. Not sleeping at night real good either, so napping during the day has been a blessing.

I am encouraged to hear that the burden of the pain does eventually ... pass. 

Nutmeg1...

Hi,

I had posted in another thread as well...glad you are attacking the pain as best you can. It may get tough for a bit, but better days are ahead and soon this will be a thing of the past. (I found laying on my stomach seemed to produce the least amount of pressure on the anal area prior to treatment)

katheryn

• LindaBaehr
    LindaBaehr Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2017 #28
    Options
    Pain before chemo

I was in a LOT of pain before I started chemo.  I was controlling it early on with just 800mg Ibuprofen, but that stopped working.  When I got the chemo port put in they put me on Percocet, and that worked pretty well.  The good part was that my pain ended after my first round of chemo.  Well, the tumor pain.  The other pain followed, though.