Waiting and Worried

Options
jknee54
jknee54 Member Posts: 5

Yesterday I had an extremely painful saline infused u/s.  The gyn found a polyp and took a sample to send out for testing (results take a week to come back).  As a breast cancer survivor (celebrated 2 years in January, lumpectomy and 35 treatments of radiation) and someone who has had gynecological issues for at least 6 years, I am terrifed at what may be found. Since miscarrying in August 2011, I have experienced frequent cysts, irregular menstrual cycles, and more recenlty extreme bloating, pain, pressure in my stomach and lower pelvic area, bowel irregularity, and slight bladder leakage.  I guess I'm here looking for an answer, support or maybe just some hope.  

Thanks for reading if you got this far.  

Comments

  • ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited May 2017 #2
    Options
    Support and hope

    those are two of the things we specialize in here so you have already had the good fortune to find this site. This period of waiting is REALLY hard. Of course you know that since you've been through breast cancer.  I'm someone who doesn't believe in crossing the bridge till you get to it but even with that philosophy I had a tough week. What can I say, it's just something you have to get through. I will tell you we have had the opportunity to cheer for ladies who got good news at the end of the wait.  I'm hoping you join that group. 

    You have a lovely family. 

  • Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited May 2017 #3
    Options
    jknee54- sorry you've had to find us...

    but glad you did.  We are happy to wait with you and Connie is right- we'll be cheering so loud for good news- if it's other news we'll link arms and walk along on the journey.  Waiting is so hard- but we can only live one day at a time- the day we are in- the one we HAVE.  Try and distract yourself and enjoy your family and the time you have right now.  Sending you big ole (((HUGS)))

  • NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would agree with Connie and

    I would agree with Connie and Nella as none of us are doctors and getting all the tests run is the right thing to do.  If there is ANY issue you found, please work with a gynecologic oncologist.  They specialize in below the belt cancers - but I am getting ahead of you here.  However, you may want to ask for genetic testing.  It is not uncommon for breast and gyn issues to be related. 

  • Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Our prayers are with you! The

    Our prayers are with you! The wait is so hard!!

  • jknee54
    jknee54 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    ConnieSW said:

    Support and hope

    those are two of the things we specialize in here so you have already had the good fortune to find this site. This period of waiting is REALLY hard. Of course you know that since you've been through breast cancer.  I'm someone who doesn't believe in crossing the bridge till you get to it but even with that philosophy I had a tough week. What can I say, it's just something you have to get through. I will tell you we have had the opportunity to cheer for ladies who got good news at the end of the wait.  I'm hoping you join that group. 

    You have a lovely family. 

    Thank you for the

    Thank you for the encouragement and compliment Connie SW! 

  • jknee54
    jknee54 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Nellasing said:

    jknee54- sorry you've had to find us...

    but glad you did.  We are happy to wait with you and Connie is right- we'll be cheering so loud for good news- if it's other news we'll link arms and walk along on the journey.  Waiting is so hard- but we can only live one day at a time- the day we are in- the one we HAVE.  Try and distract yourself and enjoy your family and the time you have right now.  Sending you big ole (((HUGS)))

    Thank you Nella! I am an

    Thank you Nella! I am an active member in our Local Relay for Life and know the ACS is an amazing group of support I knew that coming here I would find the support i need in this time of waiting.  

  • jknee54
    jknee54 Member Posts: 5
    Options

    I would agree with Connie and

    I would agree with Connie and Nella as none of us are doctors and getting all the tests run is the right thing to do.  If there is ANY issue you found, please work with a gynecologic oncologist.  They specialize in below the belt cancers - but I am getting ahead of you here.  However, you may want to ask for genetic testing.  It is not uncommon for breast and gyn issues to be related. 

    Thanks NoTimeForCancer.  I

    Thanks NoTimeForCancer.  I will definitely meet with my surgical oncologist *IF* that is something I need to pursue.  Fortunately, I did have genetic testing already and everything came back good.  Thank you for sharing your advice.  

  • jknee54
    jknee54 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Soup52 said:

    Our prayers are with you! The

    Our prayers are with you! The wait is so hard!!

    Thank you Soup52.  I will

    Thank you Soup52.  I will take all the prayers I can get! 

  • Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    jknee54, I agree with the

    jknee54, I agree with the others. Please try to stay hopeful during this time. There are so many other things that could be causing the symptoms. You are a survivor. Come what may, you will get through this and we will be with you as much as you need. Wishing you strength and peace, Kim

  • Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Options
    You are strong...

    I am sorry that you are back in the anxiety provoking time of knowing something isn't right in your body. Waiting for pathology report is so very difficult as all of us on this discussion board know only so very well. This is a great place to get and give support and share experiences. Our bodies are so complex and strong but sensitive to both big and small changes. I pray that you don't join our sisterhood of gynecological cancers. I will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how you are doing. 

  • TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    JK, Just wanted to welcome

    JK, Just wanted to welcome you to our board and wish for you the very best outcome. Please come back and let us know. We will be here for you all the way!

    Love and Hugs,

    Cindi

  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    edited May 2017 #13
    Options
    No results yet?

    We're all waiting with you.  I survived both breast cancer and endometrial cancer in 2010.  I had them both diagnosed only 4 days apart.  So I only had to worry once.  Never want to do that again.  We're here.

    Suzanne