Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma Low Grade

Options

Comments

• LC2313
    LC2313 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Mom68 said:

How was the scan?

HI LC! Did you have your scan yesterday? How did it go? 

Just got my results.... glad

Just got my results.... glad to report no evidence ANYWHERE ! Best News I ever got! Thank you so much for your prayers.

• Mom68
    Mom68 Member Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2017 #63
    Options
    LC2313 said:

Just got my results.... glad

Just got my results.... glad to report no evidence ANYWHERE ! Best News I ever got! Thank you so much for your prayers.

Yay!!!! Happy Dance!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you! Doing my happy dance!!!!! Congratulations! 

• LC2313
    Options
    Mom68 said:

Yay!!!! Happy Dance!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you! Doing my happy dance!!!!! Congratulations! 

YAY!

Thank you it was so nerve wrecking... no I have to do a follow up and set up furture visits.... Still have a small fistula but everything seems to e coming along. I am going to see what my options are for the fistual ... he said if in a years time its not completely healed - they could move some skin around in the office with local anthesia... we will see.

How is your healing coming along ? I have been wrapped up with getting my daughter ready for sophmore year of college and my son ready for Freshman of HS!

Prayers for everyone !!!!

• Mom68
    Options
    LC2313 said:

YAY!

Thank you it was so nerve wrecking... no I have to do a follow up and set up furture visits.... Still have a small fistula but everything seems to e coming along. I am going to see what my options are for the fistual ... he said if in a years time its not completely healed - they could move some skin around in the office with local anthesia... we will see.

How is your healing coming along ? I have been wrapped up with getting my daughter ready for sophmore year of college and my son ready for Freshman of HS!

Prayers for everyone !!!!

Healing well

Hi LC! Congrats again on your great scan results! And for getting the kids off to school! 

Can you push the doc to hurry up on the skin graft/flap for the fistula? What do you think about doing surgery sooner rather than later?

I'm waiting for some test results to come back for 3, count them 3, growths biopsied from my latest skin check at the dermatologist. My husband had 4 growths biopsied. We had that done on Friday. So, we have to wait 2 weeks to find out the results. My dad died from advanced metastatic melanoma, so skin checks are a part of my routine. But 3 suspicious growths? And 4 for my hubby? Dang...that took the cake. I have to admit I handled the news like a baby. I started crying. They gave me shots to numb each area, and they burned, so I cried more. I just thought, "Cancer again?" But even if it is cancer, they'll remove it and then continue monitoring me/us. I guess it was just the shock of it all that made me blubber on like I did. 

As for recovery with the mouth, my fistula is pretty much healed. I do have some problems with it, but they are minor compared to what I used to have. The issue I have is the dryness of the mouth. I carry water everywhere. My youngest says she can hear how painfully dry my mouth is sometimes when I talk. I tried the biotene like my general dentist recommended, but it didn't help. I really just have to adjust to this "new normal." And hey, it could be far worse, so I really need to count my blessings more often. Wink

Best Wishes to you all....Mary

• evie wan
    evie wan Member Posts: 11
    Options
    LC2313 said:

Good Luck

Good luck with your surgery! Mine did not involve bone at all. My mouth is healing pretty nicely. The Boost is great. The Magic Mouthwash has helped me a ton. My fistula is coming along. It's only 1mm now and I am going on 5 month post surgery on 9/7. Amazining how much it has already healed. Will keep you in my prayers. Stay postive is the best advice I could give you ....

Good Luck!

Thanks LC :) Good luck for your post surgery check up too! 

• evie wan
    edited September 2017 #67
    Options
    Update

Hi all, 

I had my operation at 6/9 and it went well and luckily a lot better than expected. They cutting out the lesion and a clear margin, thus causing a 3-4cm fistula. And also, remove some bone too. I have all the bone showing in the right side of my mouth. I'm waiting for the bone pathology result now. 

So, now, time for healing and waiting for more check up. Hopefully the fistula will start to heal well fairly soon. 

Best wishes, Evie.

• Mom68
    Options
    evie wan said:

Update

Hi all, 

I had my operation at 6/9 and it went well and luckily a lot better than expected. They cutting out the lesion and a clear margin, thus causing a 3-4cm fistula. And also, remove some bone too. I have all the bone showing in the right side of my mouth. I'm waiting for the bone pathology result now. 

So, now, time for healing and waiting for more check up. Hopefully the fistula will start to heal well fairly soon. 

Best wishes, Evie.

Best Regards for a Fast Recovery

Hi Evie! I'm sorry I didn't respond to this earlier today. I was out with the family and didn't get a chance. Congratulations on getting your surgery done! I also had the bone exposed on the right side, and it is an odd feeling. Did you get a prescription for Peridex? That stuff really helped healing. Once you are able to, brush and floss, even if it hurts or bleeds. Each day, it'll hurt less and less and promote healing. I'm really sorry to hear about the fistula. Did you get a flap or obturator? That'll help with talking. 

Pretty soon, you'll get your pathology results back and it'll show all the cancer is gone! Please keep us posted on how you're doing. Don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions. 

Warmest Regards..Mary

• evie wan
    Options
    Mom68 said:

Best Regards for a Fast Recovery

Hi Evie! I'm sorry I didn't respond to this earlier today. I was out with the family and didn't get a chance. Congratulations on getting your surgery done! I also had the bone exposed on the right side, and it is an odd feeling. Did you get a prescription for Peridex? That stuff really helped healing. Once you are able to, brush and floss, even if it hurts or bleeds. Each day, it'll hurt less and less and promote healing. I'm really sorry to hear about the fistula. Did you get a flap or obturator? That'll help with talking. 

Pretty soon, you'll get your pathology results back and it'll show all the cancer is gone! Please keep us posted on how you're doing. Don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions. 

Warmest Regards..Mary

Hi Mary, 

Hi Mary, 

I actually living at Australia. The doctor prescribed another brand of mouth wash for me, guess we might not have Peridex here. I have been brush and rinse frequently to make sure the oral is clean. Initialy, the surgeon was saying will get me a flap but they didn't do it and left the hole open now. They told me that they will see how things going at my second week check up. At the moment, I dont have much trouble with talking (may sounds a bit unclear though). However, I'm suffering a lot of toothache and the wounds is sore. 

I'm praying to have a clear results back and no metastatic. Guess there are more scan waiting for me. 

Regards, Evie 

• Mom68
    Options
    evie wan said:

Hi Mary, 

Hi Mary, 

I actually living at Australia. The doctor prescribed another brand of mouth wash for me, guess we might not have Peridex here. I have been brush and rinse frequently to make sure the oral is clean. Initialy, the surgeon was saying will get me a flap but they didn't do it and left the hole open now. They told me that they will see how things going at my second week check up. At the moment, I dont have much trouble with talking (may sounds a bit unclear though). However, I'm suffering a lot of toothache and the wounds is sore. 

I'm praying to have a clear results back and no metastatic. Guess there are more scan waiting for me. 

Regards, Evie 

Praying for all clear!

Hi Evie! Sounds like your doctor is prescribing exactly what you need, which is great. I would check on the flap if the fistula bothers you. I had toothache as well, and my surgeon really pushed me to brush well and longer and floss (both of which I didn't want to do, as it hurt), and it really did help with the toothache. After that, I experienced numbness in the same area due to nerve damage. I still have numbness, but am told it will go away with time as my mouth continues to heal. 

You've got this, Evie! Best wishes to you in Australia! Cannot wait to hear what the final pathology results are! Please keep us posted! 

Best Wishes...Mary

• LC2313
    Options
    Mom68 said:

Healing well

Hi LC! Congrats again on your great scan results! And for getting the kids off to school! 

Can you push the doc to hurry up on the skin graft/flap for the fistula? What do you think about doing surgery sooner rather than later?

I'm waiting for some test results to come back for 3, count them 3, growths biopsied from my latest skin check at the dermatologist. My husband had 4 growths biopsied. We had that done on Friday. So, we have to wait 2 weeks to find out the results. My dad died from advanced metastatic melanoma, so skin checks are a part of my routine. But 3 suspicious growths? And 4 for my hubby? Dang...that took the cake. I have to admit I handled the news like a baby. I started crying. They gave me shots to numb each area, and they burned, so I cried more. I just thought, "Cancer again?" But even if it is cancer, they'll remove it and then continue monitoring me/us. I guess it was just the shock of it all that made me blubber on like I did. 

As for recovery with the mouth, my fistula is pretty much healed. I do have some problems with it, but they are minor compared to what I used to have. The issue I have is the dryness of the mouth. I carry water everywhere. My youngest says she can hear how painfully dry my mouth is sometimes when I talk. I tried the biotene like my general dentist recommended, but it didn't help. I really just have to adjust to this "new normal." And hey, it could be far worse, so I really need to count my blessings more often. Wink

Best Wishes to you all....Mary

I am okay waiting for the

I am okay waiting for the skin graft... No hurry for another surgery. He says I am healing well and that is all that matters. WOW , good luck with the skin biosiopsies... praying all comes back a-ok! I have alot of dryness - water goes everywhere with me.

• evie wan
    Options
    Mom68 said:

Praying for all clear!

Hi Evie! Sounds like your doctor is prescribing exactly what you need, which is great. I would check on the flap if the fistula bothers you. I had toothache as well, and my surgeon really pushed me to brush well and longer and floss (both of which I didn't want to do, as it hurt), and it really did help with the toothache. After that, I experienced numbness in the same area due to nerve damage. I still have numbness, but am told it will go away with time as my mouth continues to heal. 

You've got this, Evie! Best wishes to you in Australia! Cannot wait to hear what the final pathology results are! Please keep us posted! 

Best Wishes...Mary

All Clear!

Hi Mary, 

I got my result yesterday and it was all clear!! The wounds is healing well, not more pain now. Hope your mouth is healing well too!

Best Wishes, Evie

• Mom68
    Options
    evie wan said:

All Clear!

Hi Mary, 

I got my result yesterday and it was all clear!! The wounds is healing well, not more pain now. Hope your mouth is healing well too!

Best Wishes, Evie

Yeah! Alright!

All Clear! Yay! That's fantastic news, Evie! Congratulations! (doing happy dance here...cha cha cha!)

Be sure to celebrate and enjoy the day! Warmest Regards....Mary

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Right There With You

We all love reading posts like yours.  Mom68 and I are the main MEC members present who try to regularly post to those with the same DX.  It is a rare cancer and knowing you have clear margins puts you in a very good percentage of it not returning. (over 90%)  I don't give it a second thought with those kind of odds.  We just need to deal with the after effects of the radiation and or surgery.  I had both.  

So from Mom68 and I, Congratulations!   Tom

• evie wan
    Options

Right There With You

We all love reading posts like yours.  Mom68 and I are the main MEC members present who try to regularly post to those with the same DX.  It is a rare cancer and knowing you have clear margins puts you in a very good percentage of it not returning. (over 90%)  I don't give it a second thought with those kind of odds.  We just need to deal with the after effects of the radiation and or surgery.  I had both.  

So from Mom68 and I, Congratulations!   Tom

Thank you!

Thank you Mary, Tommy and everyone here. Thanks for the prayer, support and encouragement!

• Mom68
    edited September 2017 #76
    Options
    Best Wishes to you all

Hi all! How is everyone recovering? I miss not hearing from you all...which hopefully means you all are enjoying life and having fun! 

My biopsy results came back on the 3 growths removed on my skin, checking for skin cancer. But nope! The results were all negative! Yay! I still cannot shake my sinus infection. It seems as if I've been battling one since I got out of surgery. Probably not, but it sure feels that way. 

I have had to have my breast diagnostic mammogram bumped up to next week, as I'm having pain in my right breast (the same breast where the PET scan "lit up"). So, I'm in a bit of a holding pattern regarding that. But overall, I'm really grateful for being mobile again, for being able to eat food, for my date night with my hubby tonight. Lots of positives. 

Warmest Regards to you all...Mary

• evie wan
    Options
    Mom68 said:

Best Wishes to you all

Hi all! How is everyone recovering? I miss not hearing from you all...which hopefully means you all are enjoying life and having fun! 

My biopsy results came back on the 3 growths removed on my skin, checking for skin cancer. But nope! The results were all negative! Yay! I still cannot shake my sinus infection. It seems as if I've been battling one since I got out of surgery. Probably not, but it sure feels that way. 

I have had to have my breast diagnostic mammogram bumped up to next week, as I'm having pain in my right breast (the same breast where the PET scan "lit up"). So, I'm in a bit of a holding pattern regarding that. But overall, I'm really grateful for being mobile again, for being able to eat food, for my date night with my hubby tonight. Lots of positives. 

Best Wishes to you

Best wishes to you Mary! Hope all the check up goes well and speedy recovery!

Best Regards, Evie!

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Mom68 said:

Best Wishes to you all

Sinus Infection

Hi Mary,

It's odd you mention that.  When my first symptoms arose it was due to a sinus infection that just would not go away.  Four treatments of antibiotics only kept it in check.  My ENT found the tumor when she finally decided to scope me.  A year later I addressed the issue with my surgeon.  Doctors seem to look at only what pertains to their specialized field.  I had to point out the verbage on my PET scan indicating my sinus problem.  It was then he decided to give me something strong enough to get rid of it.  So it only took a year and a half to cure my sinus infection.  What's with this?  Does it come along with the MEC?  

Demand some better treatment.  I had to finally put my foot down and not let him bypass the issue.

• Mom68
    Options

Sinus Infection

Hi Mary,

It's odd you mention that.  When my first symptoms arose it was due to a sinus infection that just would not go away.  Four treatments of antibiotics only kept it in check.  My ENT found the tumor when she finally decided to scope me.  A year later I addressed the issue with my surgeon.  Doctors seem to look at only what pertains to their specialized field.  I had to point out the verbage on my PET scan indicating my sinus problem.  It was then he decided to give me something strong enough to get rid of it.  So it only took a year and a half to cure my sinus infection.  What's with this?  Does it come along with the MEC?  

Demand some better treatment.  I had to finally put my foot down and not let him bypass the issue.

Thanks

I'm on round 3 of antibiotics, and I had the surgery in June. Thanks for letting me know what you went through. I have an upcoming follow up with my surgeon and I'll ask her about it. I know for sure I've never experienced these issues before. Allergies, sure, but not like this. 

• Mom68
    edited September 2017 #80
    Options
    evie wan said:

Best Wishes to you

Best wishes to you Mary! Hope all the check up goes well and speedy recovery!

Best Regards, Evie!

Thanks

Thanks, Evie! I'll keep you all posted.

• jen2609
    jen2609 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Mom68 said:

Thanks

I'm on round 3 of antibiotics, and I had the surgery in June. Thanks for letting me know what you went through. I have an upcoming follow up with my surgeon and I'll ask her about it. I know for sure I've never experienced these issues before. Allergies, sure, but not like this. 

Sinus Infection

Hi Mary!

Strangely enough I have had bother with my sinuses since I had surgery to remove the tumour in April.  My GP gave me a nasal spray but it didn't do much. She was going to refer me to ENT, but I haven't requested this as yet, as I've had enough for hospitals for now!  I also keep getting the cold, but my surgeon told me that I'm just unlucky and it's nothing to be concerned about.