Solicitation for opinions on probiotics

Options
AnotherSurvivor
AnotherSurvivor Member Posts: 383 Member

I am in the middle of a war with my Thrush/Candida on my tongue, and right now I think the Thrush is winning.  I am using  liquid  Nystatin four times daily, applied with religous discipline, and that seems to move it around but not finish it off.  I have used 48 of  my 144 disposable toothbrushes, and am fanatical on limiting reintroduction.  I am just starting to experiment with probiotic capsules dropped on the tongue, and discovering there are a great many probiotic products.  My gut seems to be okay now, but probably it is pretty messed up from my chemo (carbol/taxol) and might benefit from probiotics as well.

I am already using Florastor, and Nature's Bounty Probiotic 10, but I'm on day two with both so can't interpret results yet, although I am certain I have not experienced a miracle cure.

Any guidance and suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Engelsa
    Engelsa Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2017 #2
    Options
    How about Coconut Oil

I have read that oil pulling with extra virgin coconut oil can be highly effective in combating thrush. The coconut oil contains caprylic acid which is a natural antifungal.

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Primadoplilus Bifidus....

I kept getting thrush after treatment and I used this.  It would clear up in three days or so.  I'd open two capsules, pour on my tongue, add a sip of water. Hold on bad places, swish it around for 10 minutes or so...then swallow.

Have they tried Diflucon to help you out?  I always had good luck with it for thrush during treatment.  I just got tired of having to go into the Dr.'s for it, so gave the Primadophilus a try and it worked.  I found it in the refrigerated part of the Health Food Store.

p

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options

Primadoplilus Bifidus....

I kept getting thrush after treatment and I used this.  It would clear up in three days or so.  I'd open two capsules, pour on my tongue, add a sip of water. Hold on bad places, swish it around for 10 minutes or so...then swallow.

Have they tried Diflucon to help you out?  I always had good luck with it for thrush during treatment.  I just got tired of having to go into the Dr.'s for it, so gave the Primadophilus a try and it worked.  I found it in the refrigerated part of the Health Food Store.

p

PS....

Don't inhale till you add the water....I learned that the hard way!!

p

• AnotherSurvivor
    AnotherSurvivor Member Posts: 383 Member
    edited April 2017 #5
    Options
    I am now hitting this crud

I am now hitting this crud with diflucom, nystatin, probiotics, coconut oil, and disposable toothbrushes.  I think the odds are 50/50.