Mmdowns, how is the hubby

Options

Just checking in. How is he holding up since his last chemo? Oh and isn't today the LAST radiation? ? Hope all is well. Just remember, even as you celebrate the joy of finishing treatments,  be prepared for there to still be rocky days ahead. It does get better but it's slow going. That said,  still whoop and holler,  hug and celebrate! Hugs,  Susan 

Comments

• MMDowns
    MMDowns Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2017 #2
    Options
    You are too sweet to remember

You are too sweet to remember that it's his last day.  It is!  We are so ready for this.  I just posted a  new entry on how I feel.  It is so bizarre but I feel a bit scared.  Like... now what?  I thought I would feel more elated. I am so very happy but it is tinged with a bit of fear.  So far he is doing OK with the last chemo.  Tomorrow will be the true test.  He usually has a tough weekend with Sunday being the worst.  It's like his body just falls apart.  He's ususally exhausted and a little dehydrated.  But he will still go in next week all week for fluids and that makes a tremendous difference.   With all that being said we are beyond ready for this day.  I am suprising him and will be there at the clinic to watch him ring the rads bell.  I also got him tickets to a K.C. Royals game in May.  We are both huge fans.  Thanks again for thinking of us.  I think of you two and hope your hubby feels better everyday!!  

-Maria

• Chicklette
    Chicklette Member Posts: 225
    edited April 2017 #3
    Options
    MMDowns said:

You are too sweet to remember

You are too sweet to remember that it's his last day.  It is!  We are so ready for this.  I just posted a  new entry on how I feel.  It is so bizarre but I feel a bit scared.  Like... now what?  I thought I would feel more elated. I am so very happy but it is tinged with a bit of fear.  So far he is doing OK with the last chemo.  Tomorrow will be the true test.  He usually has a tough weekend with Sunday being the worst.  It's like his body just falls apart.  He's ususally exhausted and a little dehydrated.  But he will still go in next week all week for fluids and that makes a tremendous difference.   With all that being said we are beyond ready for this day.  I am suprising him and will be there at the clinic to watch him ring the rads bell.  I also got him tickets to a K.C. Royals game in May.  We are both huge fans.  Thanks again for thinking of us.  I think of you two and hope your hubby feels better everyday!!  

-Maria

Tickets

That's awesome that you got tickets to a game. It's something to look forward to.  I'm trying to think of something to do because our fifth wedding anniversary is on July 29th ... about a month after my husband will be done with treatment.  :)

• MMDowns
    MMDowns Member Posts: 318
    Options

Tickets

That's awesome that you got tickets to a game. It's something to look forward to.  I'm trying to think of something to do because our fifth wedding anniversary is on July 29th ... about a month after my husband will be done with treatment.  :)

What a great celebration you

What a great celebration you will have!! In all of the excitement of the afternoon I forgot to give them to him. So he will get them later tonight. He's at a tennis match right now. Promising to take it easy.  :)