Options
    it's ok - i hear you - talk to us

it truly helps. this is a safe place.

Jodie - with an "ie" :)

• pkcain
    pkcain Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm scared too!

I just found out I have breast cancer about 2 weeks ago. I'm only 40. My mother was diagnosed at 46 and died at 52 from a related issue. Hoping and praying!

• Elaine_wi
    Elaine_wi Member Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    you're not alone

I was terrified and in disbelief when I was first diagnosed. It's not something I ever expected. But I am not afraid anymore. I sought out all the support I could find and had a lot of people praying for me. My cancer nurse navigator and my breast cancer mentor helped me a lot. We are here for you.

I just noticed these posts are from April. I hope you are both finding the support you need.Smile

• Grace3k
    Grace3k Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not alone

Nope...not alone here. My mother could have Pancreatic Cancer. I am scared, too.

• ruthlac
    ruthlac Member Posts: 2
    Options
    scared too

My husbad has stage 4 pancreatic cancer which has spread to his liver. There is nothing the doctors can do for him and we are both  heartbroken, He was diagnosed a year ago and has lost about 55 pounds. He has a hard time eating because he feels so sick much of the time and many, many bouts with the dry heaves. I am trying my best to hold it together, but right now I don't know how to cope. We have very supportive family and friends, but I still feel alone a lot of the time. It is just so damn hard. I am a lung cancer survivor of 7 years myself and I can tell you that being the patient was easier than being the caregiver.  Just being able to express myself here is helpful. 
    Thanks for listening. 

• ClaCla
    ClaCla Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Being the Caregiver

I learned about a week ago that I probably have lung cancer.  But I wanted to say to the caregivers that I do believe it would be harder to be the caregiver.  I feel certain, if the tables were turned, that it would be harder to worry about my husband and dread possibly losing him, than it would be for me to be the person with a potentially fatal illness.  And of course all the work a caregiver has to do on top of the regular life chores.  So God bless you for what you are going through, caregivers.  Be very, very kind to yourselves.

• Maryzact
    Maryzact Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I relate!!!Judy

Just found out i haave stage 4 sclc with mets.in march , only a month! I start chemo on tues., and just got done with radiology last week, I did okay with the radiology. Im here is ya want to talk.