Hi, my wife has CEA of 104

Options
forsberg
forsberg Member Posts: 2

Just found out my wife has colon cancer. The doctor said her CEA is 104, and he said that is of grave concern.

I'm simply chocked from all this sudden news. What to make of it? 

Comments

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Dear Friend,

I am extremely sorry to hear about your wife and you. There is a separate group for colorectal cancer patients. Anal cancer is basically a skin cancer around the anus (butt hole). Colorectal cancer is mostly in the colon and the rectum. CEA is just one indicator, but the diagnosis is done through colonoscopy and CT. I'm sure she will be scheduled for these If not yet so.

You are in the hardest part of the hole proces: just found out the bad new but have no information what it really is and what to do. As soon as you guys start treatment the mental part of the process will get easier. One step at the time and let us know if you have more info.

All the best to you two.

Laz

• forsberg
    forsberg Member Posts: 2
    Options
    lp1964 said:

Dear Friend,

I am extremely sorry to hear about your wife and you. There is a separate group for colorectal cancer patients. Anal cancer is basically a skin cancer around the anus (butt hole). Colorectal cancer is mostly in the colon and the rectum. CEA is just one indicator, but the diagnosis is done through colonoscopy and CT. I'm sure she will be scheduled for these If not yet so.

You are in the hardest part of the hole proces: just found out the bad new but have no information what it really is and what to do. As soon as you guys start treatment the mental part of the process will get easier. One step at the time and let us know if you have more info.

All the best to you two.

Laz

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    forsberg

I agree with Laz--you should really check out the colorectal board on this site, as anal cancer and colorectal cancer are two different types of cancer.  I hope your doctors will do further tests so that your wife can be correctly diagnosed and treated.  I send my best wishes to you both.

Martha