Malabsorption syndrome

Options
jcorum
jcorum Member Posts: 54 Member

I wondered if my body could be getting any benefit from food at all, or the supplements I take (vitamins/CQ10/Krill oil/calcium) since i have 4-6 bowel movements a day. I am 6 1/2 yrs post treatment and this is the only side effect I have. I am able to make it to the bathroom, but cant dilly dally about it. And my stools are solid, unlike the first couple years.

I had my vitamin D levels checked 3 months ago, for bone health since I am 58 and have osteopeni in my spine. My levels were 27. My GP told me to start taking higher levels of vitamin D and have the levels rechecked in 3 months. So, i went last week and my levels are now 57. So, i am going to assume that means that my body DOES absorb my supplements and probably DOES absorb & get nutrients from my food, right?

I just didnt figure with as much pooping as i do during the day, that my food has time to actually benefit my body.

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    jcorum

I have malabsorption syndrome.  My symptoms have been loss of hair and inability to gain weight.  It sounds to me like you are not having malabsorption issues, since your levels have come up.

Martha