Neoadjuvant

Ankitha
Ankitha Member Posts: 1

Hii,

This is ankitha, recently my mom diagnosed with an ovarian cancer, she is at her monopouse and her age was 47, she doesn't have symptoms, once she had slight pain in abdomen so went for checkup immediately, then the tests reveliled that she has ovarian cancer...It's a schok for us no family history of any kind of cancer.....As I'm the only kid I'm looking after my mother carefully. Coming to the treatment doctor said to my mom that " mam u had problem,but that seviour and it will be cured " and 4 neoadjuvant chemotherapies are recommended for every 3 weeks... and then scans will be done and tumour size reduced then surgery will be done...First cycle done and my mother suffered with 2 days fever and after that she is fine and doing good...2 days after there is 2nd cycle...

Liver metastases are slightly at starting stage so the treatment started early and i am very concerned about my mother

My doubts are

Is every chemo cycle is different or same as my mom doesn't expirenced vomithgs..n diherriah.

Neoadjuvant chemo is better than surgery

Is she I'll be fine after the chemo n surgery

Thanks,

Ankitha

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    edited April 2017 #2
    Your mom

Ankitha,

I am sorry your mom has this diagnosis.  It is hard to predict how your mom will react to each chemo treatment.  She will probably have similar reactions with each treatment, but the side effects do tend to get worse with more treatments. Was she given drugs to reduce her nausea and vomiting?  

It sounds as if her doctor is recommending surgery after her 4 rounds of chemo.  This can help the surgery be more effective.  The less cancer that remains after her surgery, the better and the chemo should reduce the size and number of tumors so that the surgery goes better. 

Hopefully she will be fine after she is done with treatment and surgery, but no one can say for sure.  I am glad her doctor is optomistic that she will be.  That is a good sign.  

I hope all goes well for her.  Good luck.