A little panic mode here..

Feeling so exhausted the Dr. did a CT scan yesterday...Message on my phone she wants to see me on Thursday. You are all such Warriors!

nancy

Comments

• OO7
    OO7 Member Posts: 281
    Hang in there

❤️

• lindary
    lindary Member Posts: 711 Member
    Stay calm....

..... if you can. Praying the news is good. 

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    SCANXIETY

Nancy, I'm sure all of us here know the feelings of scanxiety. The wait to hear the results of tests. Unfortunately, is is a part of our lives now. I can sure empathize with you. When my mind won't leave me alone, I try to give it a job; something else to think about. I try to focus on today and feel gratitude for the blessings in my life and there are many. 

Humor helps. Watch your favorite comedian. Or read a funny book. 

A warm shower helps too. Afterwards, wear your favorite soft clothes. 

(((Hugs)))

Rocquie

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    ugh

Most of us have been there and some have gotten bad news, but we make it through, hang in there and please let us know.

Thinking of you,

Becky

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,461 Member

In any event, the fight continues, correct? Such phone calls can be rather cruel in that the nurse who calls cannot tell you what the results are. I received such a call that doctor wanted to discuss the scans with me. In retrospect, the call could have been, "Your scans are excellent and doctor will confirm that with you on Thurdsay." But they cannot say that. Frown

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    po18guy said:

In any event, the fight continues, correct? Such phone calls can be rather cruel in that the nurse who calls cannot tell you what the results are. I received such a call that doctor wanted to discuss the scans with me. In retrospect, the call could have been, "Your scans are excellent and doctor will confirm that with you on Thurdsay." But they cannot say that. Frown

"Anticipation"

Scan results are makin' me late, it's keepin' me waitin'.

An actural live version, sung at the seashore, by one of the most beautiful soft-rock divas ever.  It sounds better than the studio version of this megahit. How groovy is that bassline ?

These ARE the good ole days. We are pullin for you.   Sometimes, news can be good while seeming terrible at first; a condition will be treatable that could have been untreatable if something different, or other factors that are not immediately clear.

max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8

• Kaniksu
    Kaniksu Member Posts: 54
    edited April 2017 #8
    Good News

Thank you all so much.it really was quite a hard few days..Yes she wanted to see me to check out the lymph nodes, but why , like po18guy said, cant they tell you your scan was clean ? Almost cruel..  I hope in some way I can be a comfort to someone else too.. Oh yea Max...you had me singing with Carly! Thanks again all for your support ..nancy

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    edited April 2017 #9
    phew

We love false alarms!Tongue Out

• GSP2
    GSP2 Member Posts: 103 Member
    Did you see your doctor for evaluation of the fatigue ?

or did you call her with the complaint and she ordered the CT ?

A possible explanation is that she wanted and needed to see you

to evaluate you and ? other possibilities.

Sometimes hands on is as important as a negative scan.  Sometimes it is more important.

• Sal0101
    Sal0101 Member Posts: 136 Member
    edited April 2017 #11
    Great news!

The "wait" is awful, we all know that, but your news is refreshing and hopeful for all of us when we are in that situation!  

Sharon

• Kaniksu
    Kaniksu Member Posts: 54
    edited April 2017 #12
    GSP2 said:

Did you see your doctor for evaluation of the fatigue ?

or did you call her with the complaint and she ordered the CT ?

A possible explanation is that she wanted and needed to see you

to evaluate you and ? other possibilities.

Sometimes hands on is as important as a negative scan.  Sometimes it is more important.

My GP felt nodes and called

My GP felt nodes and called oncologist , then she (onc) ordered scan.

• GSP2
    GSP2 Member Posts: 103 Member
    Kaniksu said:

My GP felt nodes and called

My GP felt nodes and called oncologist , then she (onc) ordered scan.

Hooray for good scans !

And do they have a better handle on why the fatigue ?