PamRav

Options
Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

Well, the 31st has come and gone. I see you are posting, so hope this means that all is going well. 

Would love an update. 

TRU

Comments

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2017 #2
    Options
    Sore

the surgery went even better than e expected. One of the liver metastasis was completely gone from the chemo and the other one had shrunk so they did abalation on the big lesion that they could see and recsection of the area where the missing lesion was. No ones mets seen! Yay.

then they did the robotic LAR  and were able to remove the colon tumor and get clear margins. No bag was required. I came home after three days.   Sore in so many different places, a lot from the positioning during the robotic surgery because it's a reverse Trendelenburg so your feet are up and your head is down. My back and shoulder probably hurt just as much as my belly. 

If anyone out there is considering robotic surgery I would highly recommend  the under the hands of a skilled physician.   I was out of the hospital quickly and there was pain but it was bearable.  My bowels are working, not like normal but enough that I know I'm functional  

Now the challenge is to lay low for six weeks and to follow a low residue diet until I meet with my physician.

Thanks for checking  in 

Peace

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    SO good to hear from you

and that your news is so good. 

Now I'm going to tell you to BE GOOD TO YOURSELF.  Behave! Don't overdo it. Lay low as you say. Heal. Walk lots and lots and drink lots of water. Eat fruit and veg. Chocolate as well (thats got to be low residue). 

Allot of us women have a hard time allowing ourselve to be poorly. But it pays to take care while you are healing. 

There! Lecture over. 

TRU