Hi everybody

Adam26
Adam26 Member Posts: 125

Hey,

Long, long time since I wrote on here! I'm actually now 29, not 26 - wow, that time has flown, it seems like a different universe now when my mum had just been diagnosed with cancer.

She had her most recent scan in September 2016 which was all clear, so she was NED by about 13 months. She had 4 scans that year actually (post APR surgery), as they had found an infection 6 months after the op, and wanted to keep an eye on it. Two MRI scans followed a PET scan, then in September it was a CT. All very stressful, but all clear as well. After the 4th scan, they gave her leave for 6 months, so she will be seeing her oncologist in a few weeks.

She has been doing very well, going to the gym most days, playing sports etc. I was trying to teach her to swim last week. We are also still planning on moving abroad. To the many people who don't know me, my mum went through chemo and radiotherapy in 2014 (wow so long ago), followed by APR surgery the following summer in 2015, due to reoccurence (we suspect this was due to the radiotherapy machines here in England being of poor quality) - so take heart, anyone reading who is going through treatment, you can get through it. 

I just wanted to say hello. A lot of you helped me through that really bad time ("bad" is an understatement). Hopefully my mum is cured now, hopefully she will be 2 years NED this year, I will be sure to let you know. 

Wishing everybody all the best,

Adam

Comments

• rlr000dc
    rlr000dc Member Posts: 51
    edited April 2017 #2
    I havent been on this site

I havent been on this site long but i want to say thank you for remembering those who were here for you when all this happened I want to do the same along these years. Your mum is lucky to have your support and love. I wish you both good news!

Rhonda

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited April 2017 #3
    Adam

I am so happy to see your update and hear that your mom is doing so well!  How wonderful that she has resumed lots of activities after all she's been through.  She is a true warrior!  It is always so encouraging for others to hear stories like hers and know that, despite all of the bumps in the road, life can be wonderful again!  I know your loving care and support of your mom has had a lot to do with that.  She is very fortunate to have a son like you!

I hope your moving plans will proceed and that you and your mom find a place to live that will offer lots of new experiences.  Thank you for remembering us here and keeping us up to speed on your mom and you.  May she continue to enjoy good health and may you both enjoy many more years together!  Take good care.

Martha

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    mp327 said:

Adam

I am so happy to see your update and hear that your mom is doing so well!  How wonderful that she has resumed lots of activities after all she's been through.  She is a true warrior!  It is always so encouraging for others to hear stories like hers and know that, despite all of the bumps in the road, life can be wonderful again!  I know your loving care and support of your mom has had a lot to do with that.  She is very fortunate to have a son like you!

I hope your moving plans will proceed and that you and your mom find a place to live that will offer lots of new experiences.  Thank you for remembering us here and keeping us up to speed on your mom and you.  May she continue to enjoy good health and may you both enjoy many more years together!  Take good care.

Martha

Adam

I am so pleased to see your post! 

Your Mum (& you) have been through really rough times to say the least and it's great to hear your update! 

Best wishes

Liz (also in the U.K.)

• Adam26
    Adam26 Member Posts: 125
    edited April 2017 #5
    Hey

Thank you everybody for your comments! I really that is true, Martha, that we do spend many more years together! 

I really respect her for what she went through. I hope you are all doing well. Of course, I would never forget this website and the peope on it! And I will be trying to pass on my (limited) knowledge every now and then.

Wishing you all the best and lots and lots of good health for the future :)

Adam