new here

pattiann45
pattiann45 Member Posts: 22 Member

Hello everyone.  I have been lurking for awhile.  I will share my story with you. I was diagnosed on 1/16/17, and had robotic hysterectomy BSO full pelvic, paraaortic dissection with 28 nodes removed.  Surgical pathology is stage 2, grade 2 all nodes negative.  single focus on LVI. I am 51.  Recommendation is for pelvic radiaton with vaginal boost.  I am 2 and 1/2 weeks in to external radiation.  Ok so far.  Some diarrhea, taking probiotics and immodium, but really just need to watch diet, and all seems well. Because of my higher risk-60 percent myometrial invasion and that focal LVSI, I requested chemotherapy.  I actually went to three different MDs pleading my case, and finally case was taken to tumor board and they said ok.  I am scheduled to have 4 rounds of carbol/taxol after completing radiation. Would love any feedback on chemo.  Thanks for your support!

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    edited March 2017 #2
    pattiann45, there are a LOT

pattiann45, there are a LOT of threads on chemo here.  I did a little digging and thought this one was pretty good - so just click on the link below:
    http://csn.cancer.org/node/300273

It is doable, tough, but doable.

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited March 2017 #3
    Hi pattiann45

I had 6 rounds carbo/taxol and the thread that NoTime posted is very good as far as descriptions & advice goes.  Editgirl within that post mentions a thread "Ladies Going through Chemo" which is also very helpful.  It is very very doable and the journey will be specific to how your body reacts.  You are already doing what for me was too much to consider doing, so you are strong and you are going to do great.  We're here for you and will be looking for your updates.   (((HUGS)))

• pattiann45
    pattiann45 Member Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks so much for responding

Thanks so much for responding.  I am thankful to have a support group.  This journey had been so hard, and so scary. It really helps to have help.  I joined CSN several years ago when my mother was going through colon cancer.  Never thought then that I would be joining for myself several years down the road.  Thanks so much for the responses.  Support means more than words can say.  Staying positive and strong!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    edited March 2017 #5
    Nellasing - I KNEW there was

Nellasing - I KNEW there was one out there but I couldn't get the search to work.  I think this is what you were talking about.  (I need to save these somewhere - time keeps moving and these are getting older)

http://csn.cancer.org/node/296461

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    No Time - Hard to believe

No Time - Hard to believe that thread is now considered older! So much time has flown by. We sure did discuss anything and everything there. I'm so glad I participated in that documentation. I know how much the posts before that one meant to me and I know how much this one means to the new ladies joining our club. Thanks for sending the link. I'm 14 months out from treatments and feeling great.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    I just looked through those

I just looked through those older threads. I went through chemo a bit later than most of you, so I figure that I must have read them at the time. All good stuff:)