Mesothelioma

I thought I would start a new thread for mesothelioma, since most of the posts appeared pretty old.  My Dad was recently diagnosed with mesothelioma.  Our extended family has quite a few cancer survivors.  I can't seem to find anyone that has had mesothelioma.  It is a very isolating feeling.  He is going to well known hospital for treatment.  I don't think we have a handle on how far it has progressed.   Sometimes it is just nice to hear from someone that is in the same boat. 

Comments

• JhopeS13
    JhopeS13 Member Posts: 2
    Keytruda for Mesothelioma

On April 20, 2017, my dad just had his first Keytruda treatment for mesothelioma.   You have to have to be PDL1 positive --the higher percentage the better.  The Doctors said they have been getting great results for some mesothelioma patients.   

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    JhopeS13 said:

Keytruda for Mesothelioma

On April 20, 2017, my dad just had his first Keytruda treatment for mesothelioma.   You have to have to be PDL1 positive --the higher percentage the better.  The Doctors said they have been getting great results for some mesothelioma patients.   

JhopeS13, I am sorry to about

JhopeS13, I am sorry to about your dad.  I am not a mesothelioma survivor, but I wanted to post to say one of the women on the uterine page has received Keytruda and she had had a good response.  

Please know none of us fight this disease alone.  The love and support of our family and friends means so very much.  Your father certainly did a great job of raising such a wonderful, caring daughter.  

• Michele23
    Michele23 Member Posts: 168
    edited April 2017 #4
    Pemetrexed / Carboplatin treatment

Hi,My husband was newly dxed he has inoperative stage 4 into the lymph nodes.I'm a 23 year Non Hodgkin's survivor and he has always been my caregiver.It has been very hard finding support,my NHL family of support have been there for us both.My husband is 67 yrs. young.Would like to hear from any survivors.We are going Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh Pa.

• sdsnugs1
    sdsnugs1 Member Posts: 1 Member

Recently diagnosed with Meso and would like to hear from anyone who has had surgery and what to expect when sent home after a long hospital stay.