Biopsy result wait time

I am aware that biopsy results take time. Some are quick but mine seem to take a long time. I know my first round went to three labs and then came back asking for more samples. I'm in that second round of waiting again, they have been sent out from local lab to somewhere else. It seems to me the longer they take the worse the diagnoses will be. Did anyone get results super fast?  

Comments

• debbie000
    debbie000 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2017 #2
    No

i am waiting a week now for CT results and the wait is also causing me concern.

• Big Sister 5
    Big Sister 5 Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2017 #3
    No

My sister waited almost two weeks. Then it was another four before everything was in place and she started with her chemo. The waiting is sometimes worse the the procedure!

Praying for you.

Lynn

• Rubyshoes
    Rubyshoes Member Posts: 19
    I've always been a glass half

I've always been a glass half full positive outlook...but this is hard. My mom keeps saying if it were cancer they'd know right away.(bless her heart). But I am aware when they keep passing the samples around they are looking for the correct name of the cancer. Not if I have cancer.

• natasha79
    natasha79 Member Posts: 6
    Waiting

The waiting is the worst. After my D&C I met with my doc and he told me I had cancer. Then I waited a week to meet with my onchologist and we scheduled a hysterectomy and PET/CT scans. After the scans, more torture waiting time for the results. Everytime the doc called for something I felt all of the blood rush out of my head and I felt numb. Hang in there, stay off google, and try to keep you're mind occupied on something else - not easy, I know. Best of luck! <3