Another update

2»

Comments

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Lou Ann M said:

Met with the radiologist today.

He is pretty confident that he will,be able to,radiate the mass without a lot of problems.  He is more concerned about the part that is invading and nibbling on my spinal collumn.  I believes that,the vena cava will be ok scar tissue will,heal it up. Apparentl, when I had pelvic radiotion over four years ago they radiated up high enough that it got part of the the apine where this is now situated.  If he  re radiated my spine it cause paralysis.  He asked for an MRI so he had more info and clearer pictures to do his planning.  I had MRIs th y make my hip hurt so much while I am laying there.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

Lou Ann, can you do an

Lou Ann, can you do an upright MRI (where you stand) instead of one where you need to lay down?

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited March 2017 #23

Hey Lou Ann,  Do you think an

Hey Lou Ann,  Do you think an extra large dose of Lorazapam could help with your hip pain while you are laying there so long? Just wondering if it might let you go to sleep so that you don't feel it???? If not, is there anything else they could give you to ease that pain? Seems like in this day and age, we should not have to endure any.... I'm so glad you have such wonderful doctors on your side!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

MRI all done

They gave me two Lorazapam tablets to take before and I doubled up on my oxicodon.. the Lorazapam, hymns and prayers got me through the claustrophobin, but even with the oxicodone, my hip hurt like crazy.  Very hard to hold still.

The rest will be a pice of cake.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Kvdyson said:

Lou Ann, can you do an

Lou Ann, can you do an upright MRI (where you stand) instead of one where you need to lay down?

All done and I lived

they did the MRI yesterday shortly after the CT scan. Had to take a short walk to the other side of the building. thats a good idea, but I don't think I could stand as still as they needed me.  A radiology therapist came along with me to make sure they lined me up exactoy the way my rad-onc wanted me.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    edited March 2017 #25
    Lou Ann, you are always in my

Lou Ann, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

• sunflash
    sunflash Member Posts: 197 Member
    Dear Lou Ann, you're a

Dear Lou Ann, you're a remarkable lady! It sounds like you have a very resourceful doctor who is willing to try any and all options. Hang in there, dear one!

Sending bundles of love, prayers and good wishes for you.

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2017 #27
    Thoughts and prayers

You have a great doctor, as well as your faith, your family and all of us pulling for you. From following your posts, I firmly believe that your medical team will get this situation under control. You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

• henhill
    henhill Member Posts: 123
    Lou Ann

You are in my prayers for good health.  May God keep you near.

• SandyD
    SandyD Member Posts: 130
    Thinking of you Lou Ann

You're in my thoughts and prayers. You inspire me!