One more with recurrence

I had two lymph nodes removed on Friday. I didn't think I would get results right away but the Dr. was able to get the preliminary pathology. He told me there were cancer cells (carcinosarcoma/MMMT cells as before). My appointment with Dr. is 3/29. Tomorrow I'll call to set up scan. My head is spinning. I've read a lot about different approaches to treating recurrences here and elsewhere. Seems like it can go in different directions. Trying not to get ahead of myself and take it one day at a time.

Comments

• Kinableu
    Kinableu Member Posts: 14 Member
    Want to give you all kinds of

Want to give you all kinds of love and hope during the next few weeks when important decisions need to be. Made, and praying for you. I haven't any experience ir or practical advice to share but it looks like there are other ladies here who've been there.

i have had to make some tough decisions after my own surgery about adjuvant therapy and so advice like getting a second opinion is something you might want to consider after the report on your scan, if you have any doubts. . it is unfortunate that the best course of treatment for many womens' reproductive cancers is unclear or "we can go several ways with this" and so it is a highly individual decision for each of us.  Your own state of health, prior health conditions, type of surgery, and staging will make some forms of treatment more likely to succeed than in my case. i wasn't a candidate for fulllpelvic radiotherapy for instance but brachytherapy and chemo. You might have your own needs.The total benefit versus any possible risks must be looked at in any treatment plan By your team.

Best of luck to you!

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited March 2017 #3
    Darn it! So sorry to hear

Darn it! So sorry to hear this Sandy. I hope they were able to get everything with the lymph node removal. I'm sure you have followed Lou Ann's story. She is so darn strong and so are you! Please come back and let us know what the plan is.

Sending you lots of Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

Oh no!   Sorry to hear this.  It is frustrating to say the least.  To look at it a different way, at least the lymph nodes were removed.   I have a lymph node removed that had microscopic cells in it.   I took a wait and see approach because the node was removed.  My guess is they may want to do a PET scan and then discuss what treatment plans, if any, they and you would want to pursue.

My best to you.  Hugs.

Kathy

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,358 Member
    So sorry to hear this, Sandy.

So sorry to hear this, Sandy.  It is hard to try not to get ahead of yourself - see what the plans are and please let us know.  Hugs dear one!

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited March 2017 #6
    Oh Sandy-

That is news that none of us want to get.  AHHHGGGG just wish once we hit NED we got to stay there!  Good that you are taking it a day at a time- those days can be glorious!  Sending you many virtual (((HUGS))) and waiting with you as you get through your scan and return with info. 

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Sandy, it sounds like your

Sandy, it sounds like your doctor is on top of this so that is very good news (relatively speaking, of course). I have MMMT also and know how very aggressive it can be. Do not give up hope. There are many with MMMT recurrence who are living long and happy lives. There is no reason that you can not be one of them. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your scan and follow-up appointment. Kim

• cindy0519
    cindy0519 Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2017 #8
    So sorry to hear this Sandy!

So sorry to hear this Sandy! Waiting is so damn hard. Hopefully you'll have a plan soon 

• SandyD
    SandyD Member Posts: 130
    Thank you for all the support

The support and knowledge of all you ladies helps enormously! I so value the love and support here!  

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Prayers for you Sandy!

Prayers for you Sandy!