Getting brain surgery

well I had a rough headache for over a week with unsteady walking.  Onc suddenly made me go to the ER after keeping them informed.  Well. I have two mets on the Basie of my brain pressing on my ceribelum (I think) and my spinal cord. So Monday I'm having brain surgery for those two.  I have eight other small mets but they are going to radiate them and then I'm going back in chemo for my other nets. 

Anyone rkse gone through anything similar??

Comments

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Be assured on my prayer and

Be assured on my prayer and best wishes on Monday.  So glad the docs found this out so they can treat sooner rather than later. I am sure this is hard....we are rooting for you.

CM

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    I haven't and I cannot

I haven't and I cannot imagine. I hope they get it out and quick and it's gone forever. My thoughts are with you. Best of luck with this! Sending you a virtual hug!

Jan

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member
    So sorry you have to go

So sorry you have to go through all of this.  My thoughts are with you and your family. Sending you positive energy and good juju.  Hoping your surgery goes smoothly and we see you back here real soon.

peace

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Sorry to hear this

That totally stinks!  I hate to hear any spread, but especially the brain. 

Monday will be filled with prayers and good vibes for you and for your surgeons. And of course, we will be thinking of you during recovery and hoping that it is fast.  

TRU

• Cinnamon Jones
    Cinnamon Jones Member Posts: 21 Member
    Prayers for a speedy recovery

Prayers for a speedy recovery coming your way. What a scary situation for you.  

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    The wife had primary brain

The wife had primary brain cancer, GBM and she bounced back from the surgeries fairly quickly. They inserted a wafer, some form of chemo, during surgery. I wonder if they have anything like that from for CRC mets? I wish you the very best outcome, and that they get those mets gone for good.............................Dave