Post ENT appt

I had my follow up appt. with ENT this week! He said CT scan was clear for sinuses! I have slightly deviated septum and swollen turbinate on left (problem) side! He feels the nosebleeds are being caused by the turbulence when air passes through! Btw, I was never scoped! Of course I'm elated that the scan came out clear however still somewhat worried about the throat issues and sleep disorder! My primary Doc ordered a sleep study in a lab! It is scheduled for next week! It could take a couple of wks for results! It will be interesting to find out what is causing me to wake all night! Again I am hoping it is something easily remedied but Doc wants to be sure it isn't sleep apnea! So ENT released me saying if I had any future issues to come back! I realize the state of the healthcare system and don't believe in unnecessary tests however in light of my symptoms and sleep disturbance think he should've scoped me to be on the safe side! I know so many ppl who could've diagnosed and treated had a Doc aired on the side of caution and ran a test! I am not looking for something that is not there! I am just looking for answers! I am also obviously hoping that the solution will be simple and not related to cancer! I felt compelled to update this situation as I have come here twice in the last 2 yrs with the same issue! Where a Doc told me, "I can't tell you it's not cancer". Again, hoping for simple answer! The sleep study may be the beginning! Could be very simple and hoping it is! I will update when I know more in a few wks! I want to personally thank all the wonderful people who reached out to me during a stressful time! I am hoping for the best and hoping I won't be back, except to update, lol! If someone did have a diagnosis of cancer I would highly recommend this fantastic group! See you in a few wks or so! God bless all of you! <3

Comments

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2017 #2
    Hope your upcoming tests go

Hope your upcoming tests go well. I also hope you don't take the lack of, "it's not cancer" as a sign that there is still a strong suspicion by the MD that cancer my be present. Even in the presence of negative tests, it would be unjustified for a physician to tell you that there is no cancer. They can only say that they failed to find evidence of a cancer.... pretty good news indeed!! please return for an update. ThankS. Bill