For Trubrit

PamRav
PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member

ive been trying in vain to respond  to your comment about my surgery. But every time I write a post it doesn't let me post it. So anyway... thought I'd try it in a brand-new topic 

Hopefully my surgery  will go as well as yours and I  have as good  results. My surgery is scheduled for March 31. Certainly I welcome all prayers,  positive  thoughts, novenas, blessings, voodoo and woo.   I am open to anything at this point! I'm a bit  nervous about the whole procedure. But I'm also anxious to get it done and over with. Thanks for your support.

Peace

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited March 2017 #2
    Hello

I'm sorry you weren't able to post to your thread. 

I will put your name on my calendar for March 31st, and I will think of you all day, sending all the good vibes, prayer and whatnots your way. 

I have heard that recovery from a robotic bowel resection is a little easier than open surgery, but DON'T be thinking just because you don't have an incision from top to toe (almost) that you are able to do too much. I know after my ablation, which was keyhole surgery, I guess I just thought that I could do more. I was wrong, and I think that is why I now 'feel' my charcoal tumour (I call her Cinder-ella). 

As I said in the other post, BE GOOD TO YOURSELF.  But, saying that, also be sure to get up and walk just as soon as you can. It hurts to start with but the benefits definitely outweigh the first few twinges. Potter around the hospital floor and build up your strenght; just don't be lifting or carrying. 

We're here for you. 

TRU

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited March 2017 #3
    Be good

My oncologist told me to be good to yourself.  That's why I'm driving a Mustang!!!  LOL

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member
    Very funny danker

my minds been on a convertible Mini Cooper 

and if worse comes to worse the kids would probably enjoy inheriting it!!! Lol

• Trubrit
    danker said:

Be good

My oncologist told me to be good to yourself.  That's why I'm driving a Mustang!!!  LOL

And fast

Yes Danker, and driving it fast. 

HUGS!

TRU

• Trubrit
    edited March 2017 #6
    PamRav said:

Very funny danker

my minds been on a convertible Mini Cooper 

and if worse comes to worse the kids would probably enjoy inheriting it!!! Lol

I have a Mini

mine has a sunroof. 

I'm English and my very first car was a Mini. I learned to drive in a Mini and I'm going to die owning a Mini. 

TRU