Off Topic: Celebrate International Women's Day

peony
peony Member Posts: 306 Member

Wear red to show solidarity. No work today, paid or unpaid (if possible). Only spend money in small business owned by women.  We're all in this together.

Comments

• peony
    And spend some time with a

And spend some time with a girl.

• tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    But...

Isn't that descrimination?  Shouldn't it be International Humans Day? Spend time with a person.

No phones, no puters. All face to face.

• peony
    Hey, I don't assign holidays.

Hey, I don't assign holidays. I just celebrate them. If I knew who was in charge, I'd be happy to suggest a "Humanity Day". 

• peony
    Look what I found

International Men's Day

www.internationalmensday.com/

International Men's Day is celebrated in over 60 countries of the world. Too many to list. Join us onNovember 19 in celebrating the contribution men and boys make to those around them, to their family and friends, their work place and the community, the nations and the world.
  • Mariangel43
    Mariangel43 Member Posts: 79
    International Working Women's Day

Today is the commemorative day in which many working women died while requesting better conditions of work and salary.  Women have been oppressed by men for many centuries.  And we can live in peace when we both males and females learn that we are both equal in dignity and value.  No one is better than the other.  If we both have the same role and responsibilities in the workplace, we should receive the same salary, not less because we are women and we should be married and a male should be the household head (those are the premises).  With so many irresponsible men, how can a women depend or establish her foundation on such premises?  Anyway, we are smart, well-educated, talented, multi-tasking, etc.  Do we really need a man to depend on?  I'd better share my life with him, not depend on him.