Tumor Markers CA 15.3

2nu2tnbc
2nu2tnbc Member Posts: 69 Member

What is  considered normal?

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Tumor Marker reference range

The normal range for tumor marker 15-3 is less than or equal to 30 units per milliliter.

• 2nu2tnbc
    2nu2tnbc Member Posts: 69 Member

Tumor Marker reference range

The normal range for tumor marker 15-3 is less than or equal to 30 units per milliliter.

Thank you!  My marker was 19

Thank you!  My marker was 19 before chemo and surgery.  After surgery it was 13. I'm kind of confused because I had a malignant tumor in my breast.  Does the tumor markers check for metastatic cancer only?

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    edited February 2017 #4
    Lab Tests Explained

Below is a website  that may answer a lot of your questions. I hope it helps. FYI, I was triple negative  also.

Www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ca15-3/tab/test

• meilr003
    meilr003 Member Posts: 2
    2nu2tnbc said:

Thank you!  My marker was 19 before chemo and surgery.  After surgery it was 13. I'm kind of confused because I had a malignant tumor in my breast.  Does the tumor markers check for metastatic cancer only?

Ca15-3

in 2014 diagnosed with grade 2 her pos metastatic breast cancer. Lump removed... chemo and radiation done same year. Recurrence 2016 with mastectomy and expander done. Petscans always clear but ca15-3 always going up. Started at 24 now 63. I also suffer from fibromyalgia. What could b the readon. I am very worried as 3 months ago I lost my mother to ovarian cancer. Can you please help me?

• meilr003
    meilr003 Member Posts: 2
    2nu2tnbc said:

Ca15-3

in 2014 diagnosed with grade 2 her pos metastatic breast cancer. Lump removed... chemo and radiation done same year. Recurrence 2016 with mastectomy and expander done. Petscans always clear but ca15-3 always going up. Started at 24 now 63. I also suffer from fibromyalgia. What could b the readon. I am very worried as 3 months ago I lost my mother to ovarian cancer. Can you please help me?